3

Edward:

I'm still standing on the road as I watched Diana go. I'm 100% sure that she didn't leave because she had work but she left because she didn't want to stay with me. I watch her shut her vision of me by shutting the door. I stare at the door and leave after two minutes.
Our awkward encouter was messing my mind. I was thinking about what I had spoken in our awkward conversation. I run my fingers through my hair as I think about the time when I tried to play cool by ending the intense silence by laughing. I laughed it off after I interupted Diana when she was telling me the reason for her cockiness. I was ofcourse joking but she took it a bit too serious. I interupted her by sayin that she has become cocky ever since we were last friends. When I look back at the greatness of our frienship, I remind myself that we were kids when we were good friends. Even though Olivia Zelleger was her best friend ever since she's known her, I was her friend too. I was in really good terms with Diana untill Julia came into my life.

"Gave the bag?" mom asks me as I lock the large teak door behind me.

"Yeah.....I met her at Fernaux's." I answer the question

"Do you want some coffee?" Mom asks another question as she is busy with some kitchen work

"Nah...I guess I'll pass....I'll go to my room"

I take my phone off charging and I see a notification of Gmail. I unclock the phone and get to know that it's school's.

Dear Edward Rephlin,
Greetings from Cheshford High School. This is to remind you that since you are a member of the Student Council Board, school begins a day before. You are requested to come to school on the 10th, Sunday as there will be a meeting at 9: 00 am and attendance is mandatory. Once again, it is our pleasure to have you in the Council. Hope your vacation was well spent.

Mrs. Cologston
Cheshford High School

The last thing to completely mess my mind would be this mail from school. Reading this mail remind me of trouble I was going through which I have very well hidden from all the people in school, even Mike. Mike knew everything except the Student Council stuff. I have been frobidden from disclosing this matter to anyone except my parents.

Since school was tomorrow, I wanted to pack my bag before hand. I go to the study and bring all the necessary books. I come to my room to take the remaining books and as I take a few steps to my wardrobe to take a book whick I had dumped it there out of laziness and as I reached the highest rack, I see the most precious book of my entire academics. My Diary. I open the book with the key that once was big when I first held it. I open the book and I wasn't surprised when I saw a letter. That letter was something that I had saved since many years and I think that I would save it forever. The plain white letter was inked with blue at the bottom which read Diana Fernaux and it was dated to 1/2/2006. Too many memories were being recollected but I just held on to the day this letter was given to me by Diana. I smiled as I opened the letter and inside the letter were words written in a messy handwriting that belonged to Diana when she was younger.

Dear Edward,
Thank you for being my friend. You are very nice.
Love,
Diana

I had retained that letter because that was my first letter from a girl who was my friend. Even though the letter was just of two lines, it meant a lot to me. Diana was actually the first person who called me nice and you know how a little boy would feel when he was called nice by a girl. Yeah, thats why I kept this letter. I still remember how I felt all blushy that day.

There was a photograph too. When I took a look at it, it was a photograph of Diana and me. It was a cute photo. Both of us looked really shy in that. Diana, she looked as beautiful as she is now but with a little more of innocence. She wore a Minnie Mouse dress which matched her red accessories. Her brown hair was let down and it reached somewhere above her waist. It was a dark as the deep woods with 2 or 3 natural streaks that was a little darker than caramel. The sight of her next to me in that picture made me smile but I guess my mind coudn't help but remind me of Julia.

I turn the photograph to the opposite side and there's something written in the same messy handwriting

"I got 2 copies of this picture taken and this one is for you but I look yucky and you look nice."

I miss being friends with her. I miss her .