6

Diana:

It's Monday and today I start the final year of school. I take a quick shower and get ready. I wear a simple black top that reaches my thighs and I wear black bottoms with a denim jacket and I have black shoes on. I know I look like I'm going to do a serious mafia job but I kinda like the black look. I finish of by striking lip balm on my lips and by spraying perfume.

"I really hope you get a nice partner to help." Mom wishes me

"Yeah....but I'll be fine with whoever I get." I say

"Dad gave this to you...he had to reach early today." Mom says as she hands over some money to me.

"Thanks." I say as I take the money

I walk to the bustop and I find Gregory Olives, my neighbour already sitting at the bustop.

"Hey Gregory!" I wave

"Hi." He waves back

So here's the thing. Gregory doesn't talk much. He keeps to himself. I rarely see him getting out of his house, except for school and church.

"How did the vacation go?" I ask trying to avoid awkwardness that he's already feeling

"It was good. How about your's?"

"Mine was good too."

The awkwardness between Gregory and me was ended when a bus arrived and both of us got separate seats. As soon as I reached school I ran upto the notice board and I see my name against the number 10 in the list which has the header as12 B and it is room number 17. I qucikly searched for Olivia. She's rarely in the same class as me but to my surprise this year she was in the same class as me.

I make my way to room number 17 and to reassure I look at the board which says 12 B. I meet and greet all my friends. Some of my class mates act like they're seeing me for the first time even though we've spent the last 14 years together. My eyes catch the sight of Angelo who waved at me. I quickly go and sit behind him.

"What's up girl!" He greets

"Awesome! We end up in the same class after 5 years...I guess!" I recollect

"I know right!" He yells in excitement

"Hey Oli?" I call Oli through my phone

"Hey...I'm in 12 B this year...that's room number 17." She lets me know

I haven't told her yet that we're in the same class

"Oh...do you know which class I'm in?" I giggle as I pretend not to know.

"Uh...nope...I'm sorry...actually I met Adriana near the notice board so she told me that I was in the same class as her...so I didn't check."

"Thats alright....anyways meet you later." I hang up

I'm busy talking with Angelo but we're interrupted when I get a pat on my shoulder

"Since when have you become a liar?" Oli says as she crossing her hands across her chest with a wicked smile.

"Ever since you have become my best friend." I hug her

"Tell me you're in this class." Oli asks me to confirm with excitement

"Uh..yeah...she is..." Angelo speaks on behalf of me

Oli says nothing but she gives does give a faint smile.

"Angelo is in this class too!" I add up

They say nothing! It's like I'm putting up a dumb show. All they did was give fake smiles to each other. Olivia isn't like this. All my friends are her friends too. Angelo was a super cool person who loved making new friends, so Oli shouldn't have been a problem.