Kim SeokJin (Jin) | Foreigner

A/N: This one was inspired by a fanfic I read on aff. I don't remember which, but creds to the author!

Everything in italics are them speaking in Mandarin.

I plopped in the coin, turning the handle. Underneath the metal, I could feel the gears of the machine moving.

After a moment I heard a sound, signalling the toy had landed. With an excited grin, I opened the flap, taking out the small toy.

I moved to the side, so I wouldn't be blocking other peoples' way. And with nimble fingers, I began to open the small toy.

After the plastic was ripped off, I was faced with taunting face of Donald Duck.

Not Mickey Mouse.

I sighed tiredly, holding the toy in one hand. Pursing my lips, I checked my pockets for change.

None. Absolutely Nothing.

I took a big breathe, closing my eyes as I tried to calm. When I re-opened them, I saw a boy around my age nearing the toy machine. I looked as he stuck his coin in, turning the handle like I had just a few seconds ago.

As stealthily as I could, I watched as he took out his own toy. He was met with the face of Mickey Mouse.

I wanted to screech, stretch my hands out and take the toy. I held it in for the sake of sanity. I felt like beating myself up for not being able to communicate with the boy.

Coming over from China to study was not a bad idea. But the fact that I could barely speak the language? Bad idea.

I shook my head, mustering up my courage.

'For Mickey~' I hummed in my head as I hesitantly walked up to the boy.

I tapped his shoulder. I was slightly shocked at his attractiveness, but quickly got it together.

"Um, toy. Can we, uh..." I fumbled with speech as I tried to make up the sentence. I gestured to my the toy in my hand, but he just stared. I bit my lip.

I cursed in Chinese, thinking hard. I felt awkward under the boys' stare, especially since he was handsome. Before I could utter another thickly accented word, he spoke.

"You want to switch toys?" He asked in fluent Mandarin. My body filled with relief, and I looked up at him eagerly.

I nodded, my grin still visible, "Yes please. I really wanted Mickey Mouse." The boy laughed, and handed me his toy.

I gave him mine, and he did a slight bow as gratitude.

"Thank you," I beamed, bowing in response. He smiled.

Before he was to turn, I stopped him. "Um, what's your name?"

He smiled warmly, "Jin. Kim Seokjin." He turned before I could tell him mine.

I just watched his retreating figure as he loaded the busy bus, and he didn't bother to spare me a look.

I puffed out my cheeks. I really wanted to get to know him, maybe become his friend.

As I began walking, the toy seemed to tickle my hand. I froze, checking it.

Instead, a small paper was attached. I pulled it out, and it read,

"XXX-XXX-XXXX. :) Text me, I'll help your Korean."

I smiled, letting out a small breathe.

This guy.