With a vibrant and light-hearted laugh, I spin away as his long arms reach for me, his fingers grasping at my waist for a moment before I escape. I hear his light steps behind me as I race in circles around the field, but I manage to duck and weave out of his reach.

"You know I could catch you in a heartbeat, my little mate. No one can outrun an Alpha," he growls behind me, his voice teasing.

"Not even a Luna who's been training?" I turn around and keep running backwards, my eyes colliding with his and he smirks, his full lips twitching as if he's trying not to laugh.

"Well, there might be exceptions..." he begins to concede, but then he lunges for me and I squeal as he wraps me in his arms and spins me around. His hot breath tickles my ear, and I slap on his forearms that are squeezing my ribs.

"Put me down!" I demand, growing dizzy as he continues to turn in circles.

He chuckles, obviously enjoying my playful struggle. As soon as my feet touch the ground though, I turn in his arms and tackle him down. He is caught by surprise, and we tumble in the grass before I come out on top. Both of us are panting, our breaths mingling between us as our chests rise and fall.

I brace my knees on either side of him and try to pin his arms above his head which he lets me do despite how much stronger he is than me. And from this viewpoint, I can't help admiring his large biceps that stretch his shirt taut. Sliding my gaze to his bright smiling face, I smirk.

"Looks like I get to go first," I tilt my head and smile seriously, my eyes memorising each beautiful line and curve of his face. "Malachi, my mate," I slide my hand over his soft hair then down his face, before resting my palm on the side of his neck. His vein pulses strong and steady beneath my fingertip. "I promise to love you always. I want to stand by your side, no matter what happens in this life. Together, we can face anything, my love."

He presses his lips together as his eyes dance with a smile, and before I understand what he's planning, he flips us over so he is leaning over me. His firm body presses on mine, his hips keeping mine in place, and the closeness of him sends a jolt of electricity through my body, a tingling of desire along each limb until it curls in my stomach and blazes to life.

"That's funny," he remarks in a low voice with a hint of playfulness. "Because that's exactly what I was going to promise."

"It was?" My breath leaves my lungs on its own accord.

"I was just looking for the perfect moment."

"You were?" My mind becomes muddled, drawn to him in this tender moment where only he and I seem to exist in this beautiful place, as if the air around us is meant purely for us.

"I think I've found it." His eyes never leaving mine, he cradles my head in his hands and his thumbs brush across my cheeks tenderly. "I will never forget your sacrifice, my Dearest," he murmurs to me, his lips leaving soft kisses on my forehead. "And I will never stop loving you."

My heart swells, bursting with joy and excitement at his words, at the sentiment I have been longing for him to say. Looking into his crystal clear azure eyes, my vision grows blurry from tears yet he brushes them away. He kisses my cheeks before moving his lips to my mouth. We share a wonderful kiss, too beautiful to describe, with so many emotions finally flowing between us in perfect and uninhibited unison. I can taste his devotion to me in this kiss, and I finally let myself relax fully in his embrace, knowing that nothing more is standing in our way of being together.

A part of me wants him to pour out an explanation for everything he did that hurt me in the past, but this... this moment now, is enough. He is telling me with more than words exactly how he feels, and I accept his wordless declarations of sincere apology and pleas for forgiveness. I feel it in my heart what he is trying to say, and I respond with a deeper kiss, knowing he too will understand how I feel.