FIFTY SIX: Goals

A few days passed by, and as they did, I was passed around to each member of the league, who took care of me like the sick creature I was.

Mr. Compress seemed to have taken over the father role Kurogiri had left vacant, and I enjoyed listening to the stories he had to share about his time as a performer.

Toga would just sit and yap on about her love for one of the first year boys at UA, playing with my hair and gushing like the teen she was.

Twice had been surprisingly gentle with me; both sides of him, and confided to me that he was terrified whenever they faced off against Gigantomachia. The entire story about how he wasn't sure if he was the original Bubaigawara was saddening, and I could understand his fear.

Spinner didn't really know what the hell he was doing. He'd remain quiet, occasionally nudging me to make sure I was still alive. Of course, I appreciated the gesture, but he wasn't the most gentle of souls.

Mustard and Shigaraki were, by far, my favourite to be left with. The latter didn't have much time to spare, but whenever he had a moment, he'd spend it by me. Mustard didn't like that at all, and he would always linger, the daggers he glared obvious, even through the red lenses of his mask.

The strange oil Shigaraki had been giving me seemed to help, and after four days I was able to function like a real human again, though I was still incredibly lethargic and sore all over.
"I need a bath..." I announced with a huff, slowly climbing to my feet and attempting to click all of my bones back into place.

"It's freezing, (Y/N)...If you go in the water you'll get sick again." Mustard pointed out sternly, jumping up to make sure I wasn't going to run off and dive into the nearby river.
"Look me in the eye and tell me I don't smell like skunk piss." Narrowing my (E/C) eyes at the boy, I slightly smirked to myself when he turned his head away, scratching at the side of his cheek.

Yup. Skunk piss is putting it lightly.

"Don't worry, Hiso, I'm just gonna use a rag to freshen up a bit. For all our sakes." Softening, I grabbed the shredded remains of his black gakuren, ripping off another two sections to use, just as everybody else had when they wanted to wash up. Mustard was now only wearing his white undershirt, which wasn't fairing too well either.

I set off towards the river, the faint trickling sound guiding me, and Mustard followed close behind, hands fondling his helmet as he carried it.
"Do ya think Dabi's doing okay? I mean, he didn't really tell us much about his mission, so it's probably big..." He asked curiously, staring at the ground as he purposely avoided each and every twig he could.

I miss him.. 

"It's Dabi. Of course he's doing okay. All I know is that he's testing some Nomu out for Ujiko, so he should be back pretty soon." He had been on my mind for the majority of the time, apart from when I was alone with Shigaraki. It was unnerving how he'd vanish from my thoughts whenever that man was around me, but something inside of me was telling me that it was fine. It was normal.

Reaching the lake, two fuzzy black ears sprung out upon my head, flattening instantly as a growl tore through my throat. The few animals lingering around scattered at the sound, and I puffed out my chest, feeling accomplished.

Why did I scare them off? I love animals, don't I?

"I wonder what kind of Nomu it is...Some of them are next level ugly. Like, fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down type of ug-OHMYGODWHATAREYOUDOING?!"

 Like, fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down type of ug-OHMYGODWHATAREYOUDOING?!"