FOUR: Out of Sorts

*Three Days Later*

"(Y/N)? Hello? Earth to (Y/N)!" I blinked back into reality as a large hand waved in front of my face.

"Huh?" I turned my attention to Mirio, who just laughed and ruffled my hair.
"I asked if you were coming to eat lunch with us again today?" He repeated; understanding that I was still a little out of sorts. The only thing that had been on my mind the last three days had been Dabi. I had so many questions to ask him, but no way to do so. Not unless he decided to break in again.

"Uh...no, not today, sorry! I promised I'd meet up with one of the first years and check over their English homework." I replied with an apologetic smile. Again, Mirio's hand dishevelled my neat (H/C) hair and turned into a thumbs up.

He looks like that pip guy from Fallout...

"You're such a great Senpai, (Y/N)! I know the school community will be in good hands once me, Tamaki and Nejire graduate!" He said happily; skipping along. I shook my head and made a whining noise as I followed.

"Don't mention graduation! I'm gonna be a snotty mess of tears and you know it!" He turned to me and flashed that brilliant smile.
"You'll just be sad that you won't get to see Tamaki as often..." He snickered, and I immediately turned on my heel to hide my heated cheeks.

"N..no! W..well...of course I'll miss him...but...I...shush, you!" I raced off and escaped his friendly teasing; off to the large tree out behind the cafeteria where I was supposed to begin tutoring. Mirio never ceased to joke about my relationship with Amajiki. It was a lot easier to deal with when it was just to me, but whenever he did it with the ravonette around it was nearly impossible to get him functioning again. We were close friends. Nothing more, nothing less. I definitely found him to be cute, but nobody needed to know that. Not at all. My little secret. A secret among many new ones I had to keep.

"Yo, (L/N)!" My smile returned as I laid eyes upon my favourite first year. He was already sitting underneath the tree; books laid out around his ankles.
"I hope you made progress, Kiri!" I laughed; plopping myself down beside him. "And remember...it's (Y/N)! We've known each other for what? Three...four years, now?"

"Uh, yeah...sorry! And about that progress..." Kirishima trailed off in a nervous chuckle; drumming his thighs with his hands. I held my hand out and rolled my eyes playfully.

"Hand it over, then...I guess I'll be easy on you after the whole my class battled a slew of villains thing..." I knew things had been pretty crazy for the poor boy lately. His class had only recently been attacked by a pack of villains at the USJ facility, and their teachers had been seriously injured. Partner that with the Sports Festival that had only come to a close three weeks before, plus their first internships, and it was obvious he wouldn't have been focused on his studies.

"What about you, though? I...heard about what happened...and you got hurt...are you okay?" It wasn't often that I saw Kirishima anything but happy, but his concern touched me. I nodded as I flipped through his English homework; gently gnawing on the tip of my tongue as I saw so many mistakes.

"Yeah...I'm okay...still a bit shaken, though..." I admitted.

I still can't believe Dabi caused all that...

"If you need to talk to anybody, I'm here!" Kirishima said as he patted my knee. I snorted a little behind my hand.

"Dude, you sound like All Might. I'll be okay...Thanks, though...You should probably be less concerned about my well being and start focusing on how terrible you are at general English..." I held up a sheet of his homework, which I had taken the liberty to mark whilst he spoke. There was more red than there was white.