Extra Scenes & Epilouge

And now Beautifully Broken is officially over!

I wanted to thank you all so much for reading this and thank you for all the nice comments and kudos! Besides that, a big THANKS to my Beta (and slight co-author)!

I have been asked some times what happened with certain characters at certain points of the story and I decided to add these scenes afterward plus the ones I could not fit into the story.

Chapter 08.5
The Iida family finds out that Izuku ran away.

Maybe he should have known sooner that something was not right. Izuku was a poor sleeper and woke up early, they all knew it was because of nightmares; they were heroes PTSD is part of their job description.

It was ten in the morning when they started to be concerned because Izuku still did not show up. He went with Tenya to the hut but he got a queasy feeling when they already were on their way but he ignored it even when his instinct was screaming at him, You idiot! You should know better than that!

But what bad thing could even have happened?

They knocked at the door but nothing moved inside. After three more tries without any kind of success, they started to yell and shout but did not receive any answer. The house was dead inside.

Please tell me that he didn't drink himself to death! Please don't let it be suicide! Please let him be alive!

"Tenya. Out of the way. I'll kick down the door."

Immediately his little brother stumbled to the side and he took a deep breath before he used his Quirk to gain enough force to get the door down with one hit.

But everything inside was deserted.

But nothing was out of order, everything was cleaned up, there was no stink of death and rot in the air, it did not even reek of alcohol.

They searched the whole house but Izuku had vanished until they found the letter in the kitchen.

I am afraid I caused your family a lot of difficulties and brought you inexcusable amounts of grief.
I hope I will be able to pay back all the money you have invested in me - yet I do not think that it is going to happen.
How should a quirkless, homeless, teenage drunkard amount any money at all?
I wanted to thank you for four astounding months even though they must have been hell for you.
Thank you, that you took me in that day, Ingenium, even if you regret it by now.

~ Sincerely, Izuku Midoriya

Why should Izuku think...

Yesterday evening returned to his memory and he grew pale when he thought about how the conversation had gone and how it might have sounded for somebody who wasn't involved, and how it must have sounded for the person they were talking about.

That was bad.
And he had actually been able to convince Tenya in the end that Izuku's stay was good for them.

His little brother had read the letter as well by now and he could see the disappointment and the seriousness in the younger boy's eyes but also this little glistening that screamed at him 'Didn't I tell you?'.

He just... looked at his younger brother who wanted to be a hero one day and made a decision.
He would tell him the truth without softening any edges at all.

"He is going to die out there.",
said the man cooly and watched as uncertainty formed on Tenya's face,
"And it will be our fault that a mother lost her child forever. Like this, there was the chance that he could return one day. It is gone now.",
after that, he switched on an upbeat tone,
"Come on, we have to tell Mum and Dad that he ran away."