Nerds

“Who is this poor boy and what did you do to him that he refuses to enter our house?”
Concerned Mrs Iida rested a hand upon her heart.

Now that they were in the living room they could talk about the boy in their garden.

“We didn’t do anything.”, stated Tenya to set the records straight.

“Well… I forced him to stay for breakfast.”, was Tenseis objection but his little brother beat him to the matter.

“You only said that he wasn’t required for any important matters and that he might as well could stay with us to eat.”

“Actually I told him in a roundabout way that the only thing that he could do besides staying with us is to turn himself in.”

“Would you please explain us who this kid is, Tensei! I’m pretty sure I saw his face somewhere.”, interrupted Mr. Iida and calmed his family down this way whilst his oldest son smiled with a sight.

“His name is Izuku Midoriya, he’s thirteen and lived on the streets for eleven months.
He ran from home because he couldn’t handle the bullying any longer after surviving a suicide attempt - he’s been diagnosed as quirkless shen he was four and had been bullied since.
If I can trust what i’ve heard than he’d been mixed up in illegal streetfights for quite a while.
Then there's his alcohol addiction and the problem that he has the habit to drink until he is comatose.
He showed me one of his scars from his time in school; they detonated something right against his arm when he was nine.”

The woman covered her mouth in shock.
That was horrific.

“Although…”,
the older brother interverd toughtfull,
“The other things that I learned about him while we talked.

He’s really intelligent and has a extraordinary memory.
He’s fast and strong and I’m sure there are muscles beneath his baggy clothes, even if one can’t see it; it would’ve been impossible for him to win the streetfights if he was weak.”

Everyone listened carefully before thinking about the heard.

“My holidays are going to end in three days.”,
said Tenya nonchalantly,
“Maybe he could come with me?
I could keep an eye on him and bullying isn’t tolerated at all.
He would have to catch up a whole year but I don’t think that would be a problem.”

Their father nodded.

“That’s a great idea.
He should learn that not everyone is going to hurt him and because he’s quirkless he needs the best education he can get.”

“That leaves the question how we’re going to work with his fear of houses.”, mumbled the brother without glasses before looking around questionly.

“He is not going to stay out in the open!”, threw the youngest family member into the round.

“What about the cottage? We haven't used it for a while now and it contains a guest room, a kitchen and a bath.”, suggested their mother and gained three pairs of round eyes in return.

“Which cottage?”

“The one behind the tree next to the pond. You know, where you went camping to your birthdays when you were younger.”

The men turned silent in thoughts before one after the other reached the same realization what the woman was talking about.

“Of course! The cottage! That is a wonderful idea, Mum!”

The woman smiled, pleased with herself.

“Now that we solved that problem we should concentrate on our guest again.”