Against the Herokillers

They had fifteen minutes of peace on the rooftop before they could hear the voices.

A lot of voices.

In a situation like this, it had to be heroes.

Izuku closed his emerald eyes and tried to stay calm.

But he heard it and he knew that if he were to look down onto the street he could see it - there were too many pro heroes for him and Stain to defeat.

And even if they could get their hands on the blood of every single person it wouldn't be enough.

There was no way how they could return home together.

"I'll go and look if the other side of the street's free.", he said with a small and broken voice as he stood up.

There was nothing else he could do if he wanted to do something.
They didn't even have some kind of hostage they could use to extort their freedom.

The was no exit.

If they were to try to get away over the roofs, some of the fakes would give then the chase and they would be forced to leave their back open.

"If we're already forced to fight I at least want to decide when!", hissed the teen with a trembling voice through gritted teeth.
Not only was his voice trembling - his whole body was.

He was scared about what was to come.

"Izuku. Com'ere.", said the man quietly and opened his arms, instantly the boy threw himself at the killer and hugged him tightly, still trembling, with tears in his eyes and silently whimpering.

" 'm scared!"

"Izuku. Izu- Izuchan... please. Look at me."

The boy froze.

...Izu-Chan?

He looked up at the man he owed his life to with a tear-stained face.

"Listen to - no. Don't look away. Look at me and listen.",
Stains voice sounded fatherly, was filled with concern, but the worst was that it sounded like a goodbye,
"That's it... I'm here. You're a strong kid, it's okay to cry, crying is no weakness - fear is not as well. You're allowed to be scared."
- calloused fingers searched their way, like they did every so often, to his scalp and cradled through the thick green curls with a familiar motion and the silent promise of home -
"Even I am afraid sometimes. But that can't stop you. You have to continue fighting until you've left your fear behind. Please look at me... it's like I said: you're allowed to cry.
I know this is even worse for you than it is for me but I'll miss you, Izuchan. You've grown into a smart and bright and young man and become the son I never had.
I am glad that I can call you a part of my life and that you brought some change into it.
Do what you think that it's right. Follow your conclusions and your intuition. You're going to be greater than I ever could have been.
I am sorry that you have to lose your family once again but trust me when I say that I'll be with you.
I try everything so that we can leave together today but if we can't..."

The man's grip grew tighter and he pressed the boy who still was embracing him even closer.

The herokiller Stain couldn't prevent that his shoulders shook but it was silent and the tears were seeping into the cloth that was tied around the man's head as a mask.

Nobody would ever know that this monster, cried in this night on top of this building.
Nobody except for Izuku Chisome, who kept - especially this - memory close and protected it like his dearest treasure until the end of his life.
The memory of his first proper farewell with a beloved person.