Students vs. School

Three days are damn short.

But long enough for Izuku to find his place in the life of the Iida family and to get everything he needed for school.

His eyebags actually started to fade after the last two nights where he slept on a soft and comfy bed without any nightmares.

But the last night left his functioning eye bloodshot and his eyebags returned to their original state.
Because he didn't close his eye for one second this night, the reason being that he was way too nervous.

He might have had a small drawback and left the neighbourhood to return to his old district to get some bottles after abandoning the thought of sleeping.

And maybe there were three of this eight bottles in his room, well hidden and not easy to find if you weren't actively searching for them, the other five were god-knows-where and empty.

He was lucky that he didn't look like he had have a few too much.

"Good morning, Mid -- are you okay?"

Okay. He looked like it.

He reeked of alcohol and feces, the second because of his nightly journey.
Further than that he was swaying on his feet.

He sobered up mostly over the span of the night but he still felt a bit intoxicated.

"'M sorry. I panicked.", he mumbled and stared at the floor in shame.

The sight of the unkempt, tired out of his mind and still slightly drunk Izuku was a complete new experience for the family.

They've only seen him sober and distracted enough to not think about his addiction.

And the last night the withdrawal symptoms hit him like a fucking sledgehammer - and so he stood here, knowing that he needed to attend to school in one hour and not enabled to go there.

His sight glazed over and he fought a sob down.
One could only see he was crying thanks to his slightly hitching and trembling shoulders.

Mrs Iida flew towards the boy to cheer him, her more or less adopted son, up.

They really haven't thought about Izukus problems because they never seemed to be immediate.

Bet now they were right in front if them.

And they really shouldn't.

In a matter of seconds the greenette was enveloped in a group hug and started to wail loudly.

"W-what're we goin' to do? I can't go to school like this! B-but if I won't... I - I don't think I ever will!"

Tensei patted his back encouraging.

"Everything's going to be fine, bud. We'll fix you in no time! And I'm pretty sure I know some people who could help you to sober up with their quirks if everything goes south."

The emerald eyed boy looked at the family as tears collected in his eyes. He sniffed and the tears flowed over as he bowed sobbing.

"Thank you!"

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Have fun and good luck!"

"Are we going to have!", yelled Tenya. Wholeheartedly focused on the first part.

Izuku murmured a dark: "Are we going to need.", completely fixated on the second part.

"Don't disappoint me!", was the last comment Tensei threw after them which triggered the little brother to square up an answer that they won't, whilst the greenette - friendly as he was - replied with a risen middle finger.