Challengers

Izuku glurped and his eyes flitted over the other teens face.
In the end, he let out a deep breath with closed eyes and decided to just get over with it. 

"It is no coincidence. How could it be one? There are too many coherences to not be one."

Shouto blinked, stunned, he had expected that he would have to build more pressure.

"My name is Izuku Midoriya.", explained the one-eyed with a pained smile as he reached out a hand for the other who shook it after some moments of confused hesitation.

"I'm fourteen years old. My mother is Inko Midoriya, I never met my father.
My professions are Broker and Murder but I really wanted to become a hero when I was younger.
I was heavily abused by Katsuki Bakugou for eight years.
I lived on the streets for thirteen months and for four months with the Iida-family until Tenya said that it would have been better if I had stayed in the gutter.
I am through with an alcohol and drug withdrawal and the person you're seeing in front of you is the product of such a history.", explained the greenette curlyhead objectively but nonetheless pleasantly to get through the topic without any kind of conflict.

Shouto examined him lost in his thoughts until he nodded.

"I think I should reciprocate somehow.", mumbled the taller teen and sipped at his coffee once again.

"In the abstract, you already know everything: My father has a screw loose because he failed to surpass All Might. 
Because of that, he forced my mother to marry him and to bear his children until he got one that was stronger than All Might himself.
I am the product.
He calls me his 'masterpiece' in the rare cases where he isn't mad at me or beating me up.
I got my Quirk when I was five and he instantly started to "train" me.
After passing out the first time my mum tried to fight against Endeavor and to protect me - he wasn't pleased with that outcome and got even more brutal.
In the end, mum couldn't take it anymore.
She feared my father and my left side more and more.
Finally, she poured boiling water over the 'unsightly' half of my face and was put into a mental asylum.
I was left alone with my begetter and he gladly reminded me that I belonged to him.
Thanks to Endeavor I didn't have to take the entrance exam even though I could have made it.
Still, I held onto my resolve that I'll become a hero with only using the Quirk of my mother… until… well… until you arrived."

For the first time in his life, Shouto saw a genuine and blinding smile.
Surveye was happy and even though the smaller ones smile looked a bit odd it expressed pure happiness.

"I'm so glad I could help you! It's your Quirk!
It's dumb that your… that this… this - this waste combustion! - told you something different! You don't belong to anyone!"

Shouto barked out a peal of laughter and rushed to press a hand in front of his mouth when it was followed by giggling.
He liked the name the villain had for Endeavor, it was well-fitting.

Izuku drank his cocoa and smiled softly whilst he waited for four Shoutos peals of laughter to stop.
It took some minutes but he wasn't about to complain.

"Thank you… that you… told me something so important, Todoroki-kun. It's a big display of trust."

"Call me Shouto."

"Only if you call me Izuku."

Endeavors son shrugged and nodded.

"I don't see why I shouldn't, Izuku."

The killer was lucky that he choose to wear long sleeves because otherwise, Shouto could have seen the goosebumps he caused by saying his name.

They descend into a calming silence for a while, simply sipping on their drinks and following their own, separate thoughts.