Dealing with the Unknown

"I can not do this."

"Please."

"I wanna go back."

Annoyed the older one ripped the mask from his face and turned towards the teen who was clutching a machine gun sobbing.

The green, shoulderlong stands were greasy, dull and touted.
No one had made an effort to try to care for the curly, tangled locks - it was painfully clear to see.

The skin that already had been pale was from a porcelain colour by now which made it look like there was no blood running through its veins.
Apart from that the skin's texture resembled to wax which made the boy in it look like some macabre puppet.

The eye that wasn't covered by a black eyepatch was bloodshot with a wide, unresponsive pupil and strangely dim like it was covered with a dark fog.

Beneath the lifeless orb lied a black abyss - the word 'Eyebag' long since being too harmless - sinking deep into the boys skull and making him look like a dead rather than a living person.

The arms of the boy were hidden beneath thick, white bandages where spots of blood shimmered through. If someone would take their time to unwrap the fabric they would find scarred and punctured skin;
mercilessly broken by razors, knifes, fingernails and syringes again and again in a desperate attempt to end one's own life - unsuccessfully.

Black, heavy clothes hung from the thin, shaking frame of the frail body that wasn't aware of being in a different state than being hungry and cold.
All those soft layers didn't fulfill their purpose of warming the kid and also weren't covering that this boy wasn't anything more than a skeleton standing on the brim of death.

Still he was here and held a weapon in his arms that was most likely to throw him off his feet and to break all of his bones easily with its recoil.

Izuku Midoriya was a wreck.

But he wasn't going to complain.

It heightened his chance to die immensely.

But until his fate was sealed he would have to work, sadly.

"Quit the crying and concentrate! It's your goddamn plan!"

The skeleton flinched scaredly and the tears ceased.

He knew that it was his idea that brought him into this position.

He had pondered about it long enough to think through every possibility and planed a outcome for every different way to ensure that it wasn't going to fail.

But he hadn't thought that they would pick him for the open space.

It was possible, of course.

He had planned without Quirks and added them afterwards as a possibility.

Yet, here he was, mere heartbeats away from taking over another Gang.

Soon there would be blood of dead people on his hands and every drug and booze - that he would really like to have now - was hundreds of metres away and thusly not helpful.

An electric spark was the signal to start shooting the clueless prey and he could already see the man with the electric-quirk.

A little flash could be seen.

Izuku closed his eyes and clutched the rifle tighter but didn't shoot like he should but tucked the barrel beneath his chin.

Finally they had given him a real chance to die.

He wasn't going to throw away his shot.

Just as he wanted to pull the trigger his body froze and refused to move like it was under the influence of a Quirk.