Tenya's Startline

Happiness is such a frail thing. 
That was a saddening truth the whole Iida family had to learn too soon.

Midoriya became… unpleasant after emptying his hidden alcohol stock (he managed to ration the three bottles over the span of five weeks) and being forced to stay sober.

At school the teen masked his irritability as good as he could but as soon as he entered his own familiar 80 qm home and sometimes even in the main building he couldn’t keep the act up any longer and let everyone feel that he missed his drug.

Tenya thought it was annoying.

Of course he knew how addiction worked.

Of course he knew: Izuku couldn’t do anything against the withdrawal symptoms and bad mopd.

He knew that their stray was doing rather well, considering how deep down he’d been.

Still he thought it was rather provoking.

Tenya thought long and thoughtfully about Izukus situation and listened to a lot of different opinions. Than he decided on his own one.

The boy was the only one responsible for his misery.

He could have changed schools.
He could have sued his bullies - should have! Considering how bad it have been!
He could not have jumped. That had been his, and only his, decision alone - and if someone asked for Tenyas humble opinion it had been dense, no matter how intelligent the greenette was.
He could have stayed home.
He couldn’t have started fighting.
He couldn’t have started drinking. 
He shouldn’t have started drinking!

The fact that the other teen did all that meant only one thing:
Izuku Midoriya was a weak willed person with little to no endurance.

And that didn’t even include that the one-eyed was a criminal.

At first Tenya was willing to turn a blind eye on this knowledge but Izuku just wouldn’t stop to chew his ear off about missing the high of the adrenalin crimes brought with them and it made him think that the smaller one didn’t even want their help.

And now he would talk about exactly that.

“Why did you bring Izuku here?”

His brother pondered about his question and looked out of the window lost in thoughts.

“He needed help.
When I found him he was lying in an alley on the merge of death and he would have died if I wouldn’t have helped him.
And nobody else was willing to provide help.
Izuku hates himself more than anyone else in the world and because of that he doesn’t grant himself his own life and I… I thought that this is a misguided and abandoned child that doesn’t deserve to die.”

He observed Tensei for a long time before he decided to tell the truth.

“I admire you. I hope I’ll be Hero some day that somehow compares to you, because even then I’d be better than the most - but right now you just act like a fool.”

His brother looked up startled.

“How did you reach this conclusion lil bro?”

The choice of words sounds easy but the older ones voice was serious and his expression showed that he was listening to Tenya.

“He doesn’t belong into our world.
I see how he’s fighting morals and conventions every day, still longing for his old life but he can’t return because he learned the comfort of luxury.
I think you should not have taken him with you, or at least should not have kept him.”

“I asked myself time and time again if my decision was a good one, you know?”,
explained Tensei with a sight and ran his fingers through his hair,
“And maybe I would have done him a favour if I’ve left him in that alleyway or in the hospital.
But just think about it: We’re so lucky to not be him. 
I’m sure we would be so happy if someone would have mercy with us if we were in his shoes.
He has his knicks and quirks, of course, guaranteed more than others and he isn’t even fitting into our society anymore.. but shouldn’t he have a nice life at least?”