20.[Edited]

Ryan opened the door of his room, revealing a single bed, some posters of Ronaldo and a study table. "It is the same, as I left it." He looked around. Jackie looked around curiously. "So, this was your room when you were younger?"

"Yeah..."He opened the window. "Pretty normal right? Dad used to get angry if I put some paintings here so I just stick posters on the wall." He chuckled.

"I think it's nice," Jackie said and sat on the bed. "Hm...it feels nostalgic. I used to shut myself in all day and do nothing but study." He said, touching the table.

Jackie looked over at Ryan. He smiled gently. "Hey, Ryan?" He called out. "Hm?" Ryan looked at him. Jackie smiled gently "you're amazing, I hope you know that.."

"What got into you, suddenly." he chuckled.

"You just seem so worried and not sure of yourself when around your dad. I just want you to know what's so obvious, that you're a great person" Jackie said while getting up.

Ryan smiled "That is just my reflexes whenever I see him." He said. "Ryan! come down, your dad wanna talk!" His mom called. He took a deep breath. "Yeah!." He said. "So....you wanna come with me? or stay here?"

"I'm coming with you," Jackie said softly.

Ryan nodded as they went down, he opened the door of the living room, his dad was sitting on the sofa, with his laptop doing some work. Ryan stiffens a bit but musters the courage to move in the room. "D-Dad?" He said. His dad glanced at him from his glasses, as he gestured them to sit.

Jackie gulped a bit and sat down next to Ryan. He definitely felt the intimidating aura coming from this man.

"So what bought you here today? I thought you will not even look at us now that you have got a job." He made a taunt at Ryan, typing something on his laptop. "No-no I missed you all that's why I came." Ryan managed to say. "Hm? missed us all...I see, not showing your damn face for 3 years is what you call missing." He nods, still not looking at his son. "Look, dad-" "I am talking right now, where are your manners!." He said with a high voice, making Ryan jolt. "S-sorry," Ryan said looking down. "...............Lilly told me you broke up with that girl .....what was her name? yah, Selena.....why? you are satisfied by playing around, or taking a break now?" He said.

Jackie kept his eyes down, folding his hands tightly in his lap while looking at them, trying to hide the fact they were shaking. He didn't like one bit how this man was treating Ryan.. but what could he do.?

"Dad...I -I was not playing around...I loved her....but -" "But what?" He looked in Ryan's eyes.

Jackie glanced at Ryan. A small look, but one that reassured him. To let him know that he was here no matter what.

"Dad....it didn't work." He said. "Why? if you are sincere enough, everything can work." His dad said. "......" he stayed silent. "ok whatever, it's good that you came to your senses now, arranged marriages are always good, we send you some picture, why didn't you choose one? y' know those girls are really talented and from prestigious families, you should consider yourself lucky that you are getting a chance with them." He said. "....d-dad do y-you love me?" Ryan ask. His dad was taken aback by the question. "Of course I love you, that is why I raised you up till now," He said.

Jackie felt very anxious as right now, Ryan was about to tell his father... and they would both face his reaction together.

"Then will you still love me if-after I did something you don't like ?" He asks. "Of course...you are my eldest son if you did something irresponsible I will get super angry, but still love you...why are you asking this?" He asks, seriously. Ryan took a deep breath. "I need to tell you guys something, can I call everyone in?" He said. His dad was confused but nodded. Ryan went away for a sec and called all his family in the room. "What happen?" his mom asked, sitting beside his dad. "You did something, right?" his dad looks at him suspiciously. "Are you doing drugs or human trafficking?" He asks. "What?" his mom looks at him. "No!." Ryan said, looking down. Jackie sat next to Ryan staying quiet, he looked up at Ryan, then looked around at Ryan's family.