5. [Edited]

"Wanna be friends?"Ryan asks.

Jackie looked at Ryan. He sighed softly. "S-sure," He said with a smile, even tho he don't like being friend-zoned. Ryan smiled brightly. "looks like the rain stopped, wanna go for shopping? kitchen supplies are going to end." He sat up on the bed

Jackie nodded and got up. "Is what I'm wearing okay to go out?"

"yeah you look beautiful" Ryan stops suddenly realizing what he said. "I-i mean you look good." he scratch the nape of his neck.

Jackie blushed softly and looked down flustered. "Th-Thank you.. s-So let's go!"

"yeah." he took his wallet and they came out locking the door behind.

-

Jackie looked around as they walked. "It's so pretty." He says softly.

"yeah...it looks so fresh after the rain, by the way, look out for puddles, you may touch the water accidentally. "Ryan said.

Jackie looked down at the puddles. "I want to jump in them" he mumbled. He was tempted to say the least.

"Yeah I know but you can't...it must be hard on you." He said as he looked around the soaked environment.

Jackie shook his head. "It's fine, I'm being silly." He said.

"Hey this might sound crazy...but can't you... y'know...isn't there any way to change mates? or to save mermaids?" Ryan asks, he doesn't want to see Jackie in the miserable state, 'cause he thought Jackie was just enduring it even though Jackie don't have any feeling for him.

Jackie looked down and saddened. He felt a heavy feeling in his chest, he felt pained a bit. "I-I... don't... K-know..." He said while tearing up.

"oh...."They walk in an awkward silence. 

-

"here we are." They came in front of a large convenience store. Jackie wiped his eyes and looked around.

They came in as the lady greet Ryan, they know each other very well. "oh you have your brother with you?" The lady looked at Jackie he was so small and looked like a kid so she couldn't think of him as Ryan's friend.

Jackie pouted a bit. "I'm his friend" Jackie whined."oh my, I am really sorry..you are cute.." she smiled. "Go ahead and buy what you want."She said Ryan nodded.

Jackie blushed lightly, he looked up at Ryan then walked around for a bit looking at the stuff.

"You can move here freely, go look at the stuff and tell me if you like anything meanwhile I will buy groceries," Ryan said. Jackie nodded and walked around the store for a bit, moving his fingers on the things don't know anything about.

-

Ryan was busy looking at stuff when a girl call out to him. Jackie looked over as he heard the girl. She had a baby, they were talking about something then Ryan took the baby from her as she moved to the other section.

Jackie walked to Ryan as he perked up when he saw the baby his first time seeing a human baby, he cooed softly at the cute baby. He loved children. "Who's this?" He asked with a smile.

"don't know, his mother came just now...she was having difficulty while holding him...that's why I am helping." he chuckled.

Jackie smiled and tickled the baby a bit, he giggled softly. "He's so sweet!" Jackie said.

"haha yeah... I don't like children particularly but he sure is cute." Ryan caresses his hair.

"Children are so cute. I love them" Jackie said softly. "we are opposite I guess." Ryan said, holding the baby from one hand and buying stuff from another.