Chapter 54

"Wow I can't believe he actually said yes!" Jungkook smiled down at his phone.

"Yeah, I honestly thought he'd be asleep." Hoseok said flopping on his bed.

"I'm glad he's coming tomorrow," Jungkook looked foundly at his phone. Hoseok noticed the way he was looking at the picture of Taehyung's caller ID. Hoseok's brain was making connections, piecing together the puzzle, and seeing every equation all at once.

"Hey Kook?" Hoseok shot up and ruffled Jungkook's fluffy hair.

"Wah?" Jungkook swatted Hoseok's hand away and looked up at him.

"I'm going to ask you a question, and you're gonna answer me... Honestly."  Hoseok raised his eyebrows at Jungkook.

"Okay?" Jungkook gave him a confused look. "Go ahead what's your-"

"Do you like Taehyung?"

Jungkook's whole body tensed, his palms got damp and clamy. He averted his glaze from Hoseok's eyes. His chest swelled up with warmth, and eventually that warmth rushed to his cheeks and the tips of his ears.

"W-what!? No! Me and Tae are friends!" Jungkook's heart thumped louder and louder in his ears.

"Hmm, really?" Hoseok questioned suspiciously.

Jungkook looked down and nodded.

"You know you can't fool your hyung.." Hoseok sat down by Jungkook on the floor.

"I don't know what you're talking about Hobi." Jungkook laughed nervously.

Hoseok raised his eyebrows again penetrating through Jungkook's lie.

Jungkook finally gave up and let out a deafeated sigh. "So what I like him."

Hoseok let out an inaudible scream and shook Jungkook's shoulders in mad laughter.

Jungkook just sat there and regretted life decisions. "Get off me Hobi." Jungkook pouted and hugged his knees.

Hoseok immediately frowned and crossed his arms.

"And who pissed in your Cheerios?" Hoseok asked thumping Jungkook's forehead.

"Ack-" Jungkook whined and rubbed his head.

"I dunno reality?" Jungkook said sitting back up. "What do you mean?" Hoseok asked squinting a little.

"Come on Hobi, he's practically married to Jimin... And even if he wasn't... Why would he be interested in someone like me?" Jungkook put his face in his knees.

"I oughta slap the ever living shit out of you." Hoseok said with a dark tone.

"What?" Jungkook's head popped up and he looked at Hoseok with concern.

"Did you just honestly say 'why would he be interested in someone like me?' Hoseok put his hand on his hip and tilted his head a bit.

"Uhm yeah?" Jungkook said in a tiny voice.

"Say it again... I dare you." Hoseok glared at him.

"It again." Jungkook said with a snappy attitude.

"You're think you're funny Jeon?" Hoseok cracked his knuckles.

"I mean, yeah." Jungkook smiled and laughed at Hoseok.

Hoseok rolled his eyes. "Seriously though... Why wouldn't Tae be interested in you?" Hoseok's tone changed to soft and caring.

Jungkook shrugged, "it's just that he's with Jimin, and they are clearly happy together, so why would he settle for something less?" Jungkook sniffled.