Thomas, Safe Haven

"I can't believe he's gone." I said to myself as I walked along the beach. The sand grains crumbling against my feet. Tears came to my eyes as I thought about it more. "Why did he have to die? Why did Newt have to die?" I questioned, over and over in my head.

The tears escaped my eyes and roll down my cheeks. A sob left my mouth and that was it. I fell apart. Suddenly arms wrapped around my shoulders, turning me to face their owner. Thomas. "H-he's gone Thomas. He's gone." I sobbed, crying into Thomas's chest as he held me in his arms. "I know, Y/N. I know." He said, his voice weak and shaky. He was crying too. "We've still got each other though, okay?" He said, moving me slightly so I could look him in the eyes. "We've still got each other." He whispered, whipping away some of my tears.

Suddenly, Thomas pulled me close to him in a passionate kiss. The world stopped. Everything was still. Everything was quiet. Everything was calm.

Pulling away, Thomas breath fanned in my face. Mine doing the same to him. "I-I'm sorry, Y/N. I don't know why I did that. I was all in the moment, i'm s-" I cut Thomas off by placing my lips on his and kissing him again. "Don't worry, I liked it." I said once I pulled away. A sweet smile coming on to my lips, the same happening to Thomas.

5 years later

"Laura!" I shouted trying to find my 4 year old girl. We were playing hide and seek but damn, this girl can hide well. "Laura." I shouted again and that's when I heard it. A little giggle which warmed my heart. "Ahh, I'm coming for you." I said when I heard more giggles. I ran down the hallway to Laura rooms where I found her under her bed. "I got you!" I yelled grabbing her feet and taking her out. She looked at me. A bright smile placed upon her face. "Daddy! Help!" She playfully yelled and soon enough Thomas walked in. "Oh no, Laura!" He did running over before picking her up and running away with her. "No! Give me back that little girl!" I said, putting on a voice while getting up and running after them. "Faster daddy! Faster!" Laura giggled as her and Thomas made it down stairs and out the door.

Running outside I saw Laura running by herself to the sandy beach, while Thomas stood watching her. A warm a smile came to my face.

Suddenly, Laura fell to the floor. Thinking she just tripped and would get up soon I just watched her. But once seeing she wasn't moving me and Thomas ran straight over. "Laura!" I yelled, this time not playfully but with worry.

Getting to her, I rolled her so she was on her back. She had dark circles under her eyes and black veins started appearing on her. I gasped with fear. Fear I had put away for a long time. "She can't have it." I mentally thought, tears coming to my eyes. "My god." Thomas muttered. He knew what was happening too.

2 days later

"We've got her ready." Minho said, approaching me and Thomas. Laura has been quarantined for the past 2 days. Minho and some of the old Med-jacks looked over her. They came back to us and told us are worst nightmare. She had the flare.

Waking into her room, we saw her laying on her bed. She was strapped down, growling at us as soon as she laid her eyes upon us. Tears came to my eyes as I saw her. "Hey, it's okay." Thomas whispered wrapping an arm around me. "She'll be okay." He whispered back.

He let go and walked over to Adam, the best Med-jack here. He put a syringe on Thomas's arm and looked at him. "You ready." He questioned. "I'll always be ready. Especially when it's for Laura." He said, looking at her lovingly, warming my heart. "Okay. 3...2...1." Adam said before stabbing the syringe in and taking Thomas's blood. He sucked in a sharp breathe, slightly worrying me. But as soon as it was over, he was okay.

Quickly walking to Laura, Adam got the syringe and placed it over Lauras left wrist. Stabbing it into her, I gasped. Laura growled and started shaking. "Laura!" I yelled more tears coming to my eyes. Suddenly she stopped. "Baby?" I questioned quietly, worry flooding through my veins.

"Mum." Laura said, opening her eyes to reveal their normal white which calmed me completely.

She was back. My Laura was back.