Dave Hodgman, The party, sorta sad🙃~

I looked to my phone and read the time. 20:23pm. I was outside and debating if I should go in or not. You see, my best friend Dave invited me to his friends house party. He also mentioned he would be bringing his girlfriend. The only problem about that is, I have a huge crush on Dave.

Him and his girlfriend have been going out for 3 months, and I have liked Dave for 3 years. How fun!

I looked down to my outfit for the 5th time checking if it was okay.

My older sister picked it out saying it would definitely knock Dave away

My older sister picked it out saying it would definitely knock Dave away. I doubt it.

I finally picked up the nerves and walked through the door. The party was in full swing and everyone was having a blast. I looked around and on my way and couldn't help but see people checking me out. 'Only if it was Dave' I mentally thought.

I moved to the back garden and saw something that broke my heart. It was Dave and his girlfriend kissing.

Yes, I knew they kissed and stuff but I never saw it. But now I have, it just kind of...broke my heart. Tears made there way to my eyes as they pulled away. I turned away and quickly walked inside so they didn't see me.

Dave was always so sweet and kind. He was funny, good looking and treated girls with so much respect. He was the full package and I was too chicken to order it. 'God, why did you think of that?' I mentally asked myself for the weird reference.

I went into the kitchen and found my self a beer. I saw Dave come inside with lipstick over his lips. This tore me apart even more.
"Hey Y/N" Dave said looking slightly bummed out. I wondered why, considering I just saw him and his girlfriend in full a make out session. "Hey Dave" I said as we gave each other a hug. "You look beautiful" Dave said looking me up and down.

A blush came to my face but soon vanished when an image of what I just saw came to my mind. "Thanks...that lipstick is really suiting you" I said jokingly. Dave brought his hand up to his mouth and and wiped it. "I won't have any there for a while now" he said looking down to the ground then to me. "Why?" I questioned, slightly confused by what he just said. "Come with me" Dave said dragging me up to one of the upstairs rooms in the house.

We made it in and Dave locked the door while I sat down on the bed. "So, you know my girlfriend. She was...she was cheating on me" Dave said looking down to his hands on his lap. "Oh" I said unsure on what to say. "Yeah...the boy she was cheating on me with didn't know about us and thought she was cheating on him with me, she kind of was...I guess. I think she is over it though, considering she was just making out with the captain of the football team as we were walking up the stairs. I'm surprised you didn't see" "She...she didn't deserve you Dave. You are a nice, good looking, charming guy. She is a slutty whore who didn't care about anyone but her self." "Ha...thanks Y/N...You are a really amazing friend...My best friend" Dave said looking up from his lap to me.

Best friend. Those are 2 words that can break anyone's heart. Those are the two words I dread to come out of Dave's mouth, yet, they still do. That was when I realised me and Dave, were never meant to be.

Maybe he isn't the one for me, but deep down I want him to be...