✧ Overwhelming || Kuroo Tetsurō

NEW TIME OF UPLOAD: December 1 2019, 03.50AM
EDITING TIME: December 1, 2019 (12.35AM) — December 1, 2019 (3.33AM)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ❀ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

As requested by @Kuro_Hotaru !

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ❀ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

{F/N}'s eyes darted back and forth the natural court, trying to keep up with the pace at which the ball was played from side to side. She was thankful that she was allowed to join the training camp as Nekoma's manager, though when looking at the practice from an outside perspective, she couldn't have been more displeased. It was late Spring, slowly going on Summer, but the temperatures hadn't let up in the slightest. Why had Nekomata let them play outside?

"And to let all of them play in shorts, too..." she muttered, shivering when a soft breeze passed by the court. There wasn't much she could do for them while they were hard at practice, but she had made up her mind to wear her shorts and t-shirt just like they had. She had called it a 'mental support'. Something that made her feel at least a little included.

The longer {F/N} followed the ball, the more dizzy she was starting to become. Ever since a couple days prior, she had been feeling a little out of it. She wasn't as hungry, she didn't sleep as well, and her body seemed to have a constant fight over being 'hot' or 'cold'. She knew full well that she was building up a fever, but in her excitement for her club activities, she hadn't taken any measures to try and counter it. With Nationals right around the corner, she didn't feel like she had the right to slack off when it was obvious the boys were hard at work.

Naoi sat down on the bench next to her. {F/N} recognized that look all too well – his posture was stiff, his hair seemed disheveled, and there was a certain sense of distress radiating from his eyes. "That can't be good," she whispered.

"{F/N}, could I ask you a favor?"

Fearing whatever he had to ask, she nodded reluctantly.

"We asked the principal to supply us with extra towels, water bottles and protein bars, but there was a bit of a hick up in the delivery. I can bring most of it here, but I can't do so by myself." He lowered his voice, "Truth is, we were planning on grilling the boys some meat tonight, but if we let the meat stay out of the fridge for too long, it'll go bad. Will you please help me take care of everything?"

The girl knew it was a bad idea to be lifting heavy boxes given her condition, but she found herself in a position where she couldn't do other than offer her help. It was the least she could do for the team now that she didn't have to analyze an opposing team. "Yeah, I can help," Her smile was somewhat strained. "Should we take care of it right now?"

Grateful, Naoi nodded and took the car keys from his pocket, jingling them in front of him. "It's about a twenty minute drive to the pick-up point. You're not carsick, are you?"

{F/N} followed the coach to his car, crossing the clearing surrounded by tall pines. "Carsick's one thing," she mumbled, "sick's another." She then cleared her throat to make herself audible, "I'm not." She opened the car door to the passenger's seat and took a final glance at the court, a soft smile creeping on her lips when seeing them practice ever so hard. Something about their unwavering determination made it possible for her to set her burning fever aside.

When she closed the car door, Naoi put the car in gear. The first half of the trip was serene and silent, but it wasn't hard for the girl to tell that the coach had been meaning to stir up a conversation. "Naoi-san," she sighed, "what's wrong? Something's on your mind."