« "How did you-?!" » || Tanaka Ryūnosuke x Reader

With a blanket over her head, {F/N} dug herself deeper under the covers. She had been sick for a few days now, and she wasn't getting any better – exactly the opposite, to be frank.

Her throat was killing her, her head was aching and she felt more lightheaded and weaker with every passing day.

A knock was heard on her door and she sighed at hearing it, sneezing before speaking with the weak voice she had left. "It's open..."

The wooden door swung open and in its frame appeared her mother, who gave a sympathizing look at her daughter as she smiled just as weak as {F/N}'s voice sounded. "I'm going to work now, okay honey? Ryū's downstairs and will be taking care of you, and I'm on your speed dial if you need me. I'll be home in time so we can continue watching our show, okay?"

{F/N} nodded and sniffled a few times, tilting her head as soon as her mother had left. "Ryū's here...?"

She pushed her body up a little and was about to carry her sick body down the stairs, if not for the boy running into her room and startling her.

"{F-F/N}?! Get back into bed...!" He yelled at her, almost dropping the tray he was holding.

{F/N} scanned his attire and smiled softly when seeing the apron tied around his waist, meaning the dishes he had on the tray were cooked by the teen in question.

She slowly wrapped herself back in the covers and pouted a little, having the food set down on her lap with a sheepish grin from her boyfried.

"Thanks, Ryū." She whispered, weakly grabbing the fork and putting it into her mouth after scooping some of the food. It wasn't amazing, but it wasn't bad either – good enough for consumption.

"How is it?" He then asked, nervously awaiting a response.

"Not bad." She replied, taking another bite before giving up. She just wasn't hungry.

"C-Can I get you anything else?"

{F/N} listened to what he was saying but zoned out somewhere in the midst of it, unknowingly staring at the wall in front of her as her world started to spin.

"{-N}... {F/N}... {F/N}!"

The girl snapped back to her senses and noticed the worried expression on her boyfriend's face as he placed his hand on her forehead, instantly retreating it and staring at his palm. "You're burning up! Stay right here, this man's got you covered!"

Tanaka left her bedroom and headed to the bathroom, preparing a wet rag for her forehead as the girl started to close her eyes. It was too early for all this, but there was no way she could fall asleep just yet. Not while her boyfriend was here.

It took a while before Tanaka came back, but as soon as he got back he placed the rag on her head and put a glass of water down next to her.

"Thanks..." She whispered again, wishing she could sound more greatful but being restricted by her sickness.

"No problem!" He grinned, pecking her cheek and grabbing a chair to sit down across from her.

"You don't have to babysit your sick girlfriend, you know?" She tried, not wanting him to cancel his plans just for her.

"But I want to! What kind of man would I be if I couldn't take care of you?"

The genuine ring to his voice made her smile and had her slowly pat the spot next to her, "Then you don't have to sit on that chair. You can sit with me, if you'd like. Wait, then you'd risk getting sick..."

She kept pondering her options as the boy got up, him not having to think twice ahout the statement and being glad she mentioned it. He pried himself behind her and she leaned her back against his chest, enjoying the warmth he gave her through the blanket.

He rested his chin on her shoulder and nuzzled his face into the crook of her neck, making her cheeks redder than they already were due to her fever. "Thanks for going through the trouble of doing all this, Ryū. I really appreciate it."

{F/N} tried to snuggle closer to him and smiled when she felt him kiss her collarbone, feeling a little bit better about the situation she was in.

"No problem, {F/N}. But, uh..." He nervously trailed off as he scratched the back of his neck, grinning shespishly before grabbing her hands. "There'saneggontheceilingandyourbathroom'sflooded."

{F/N} didn't quite catch it, "Sorry, what was that?"

Tanaka took a deep breath and sighed, "There's an egg on the ceiling andyourbathroom'sflooded."

"Hold on, you did what? How did you get an egg on the ceiling...?"

The boy chuckled nervously and held her close again, hoping to snuggle his way out of this one. "I wanted to flip the egg like a pancake, but the ceiling fan caught it and now it's stuck to the ceiling."

{F/N} sighed but nodded, "I'll ask mom if she can get it... And what was that last thing?"

"... I may have flooded your bathroom..."

"How did you-?!"

She was cut off by his lips on hers and watched him pull away with that grin still on his face, "I tried filling the glass but your sink didn't work. I tried the bathtub's faucet and then I couldn't close it anymore and it kinda went over and didn't stop until five minutes after."

"That explains why it took you twenty minutes to get a rag... So, you're telling me I can swim in my bathroom now?"

The boy nodded carefully and earned another sigh off of his girlfriend, who simply wrapped herself tighter into her blankets. "Mom isn't going to like this..."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ❀ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Writing at 12.30AM, oh man do I get good ideas late at night (not talking about this one). I've also been reminded of how much I hate people at times today, but let's put that aside. Hope this was enjoyable!