✧ Bruises || Sawamura Daichi

ORIGINALLY UPLOADED: August 28, 2016
NEW TIME OF UPLOAD: December 9, 03.55AM
EDITING TIME: December 9, 2018 (01.39AM) — December 9, 2018 (03.32AM)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ❀ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

!! Trigger Warning: this oneshot contains mentions of abuse. !!

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ❀ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

With her feet dangling over the edge of her balcony, {F/N} took a whiff of the fresh air. The serenity of the night offered a sense of comfort; the occasional breeze offered a sense of thrill; and the stars offered a sense of inclusion, a sense of matter. These were the only conditions that allowed {F/N} to unwind after a long day.

She sat alone. She always sat alone. Something about being by herself at the end of the day felt like a bliss. A safe haven. A moment that was hers, and hers alone.

Why did she decide to share it?

"I'm really sorry for asking you to come over at this time," she sighed, apologizing. "I didn't mean to disturb your night's rest."

The clock struck two o'clock.

"You sounded like you were in a panic," he said, "there's no way I could've stayed at home after that."

{F/N} turned her head to meet his figure, although she hadn't felt as comfortable as she usually had felt when it came to him. She and Sawamura had been great friends ever since their first year at Karasuno: never had they argued, hardly did they disagree and rarely did you see one without the other.

Why did she feel so suffocated? She couldn't even look him in the eye.

"Have you calmed down since then?"

{F/N} shook her head. "The thought of this conversation just makes me panic more."

The boy frowned, incomprehensive of her words. He had always been there for her, hadn't he? They had always laughed together, cried together, fought together. Why did she seem so distant?

"I'm... a little worried about what will happen after this conversation. About how you'll react, about what you'll think of me-"

"{F/N}, there is nothing that can change my opinion of you. If I would let myself sway so easily, did you really think I would've come?"

{F/N} couldn't help but sigh again. "Fine. Have you ever wondered why I wear what I wear? The long sleeves, the dark clothing- avoiding anything close to see-through?"

Sawamura carefully nodded. "It's something the guys and I have been talking about. They always pushed me to try and ask you," he smiled nervously, "but I wanted to wait for a time when I thought you'd feel comfortable answering. Needless to say, three years have passed and I still haven't mentioned it."

A sad smile laced her lips. She appreciated that he cared about her feelings. "Well, what can I say? I have a valid reason... I suppose."

Sawamura sensed a hint of reluctance as he watched her, his eyes following her hands as they unzipped the thin vest she wore. He had already parted his lips to scold her for doing so given the temperature, but the moment the fabric left her shoulders, his eyes widened.

{F/N} moved her gaze away. The night air felt rough against her skin – more so against the bruises she had hidden for years. Why did she think this was a good idea?

"Unlike the impression my parents tend to leave," she started, "we are not a happy family. We're far from it." She flinched as she felt his hand touch her skin. "My parents tend to argue a lot, and their anger gets taken out on the first thing they can find." A mocking tone followed her words. "That 'thing' is usually me."

Sawamura continued to trail his finger over her skin, moving from her back, to her shoulders, to her arms. Why hadn't she told him? Why did she suffer alone? Why hadn't he noticed?

"H-How long," he stuttered, "how long has this been going on?" When his fingers reached fresher bruises, his frown deepened. "You need to see someone for these..."

All {F/N} could do was shrug. "It's been like this since before I started attending Karasuno."

"{F/N}, that's over three years-"

"I know."

"Then why-"

"I don't know."

He was at a loss for words. {F/N}, who had always been so strong; {F/N}, who always stood up for everyone; {F/N}, who never let anyone walk over her. The image of her letting herself be abused just didn't match up in his head.

"You understand that I can't stay quiet about this, right?"

{F/N} nodded. "I do. But they're not bad people, Daichi."

"I'm not too sure of that anymore now." He got off the ledge he had been sitting on and turned to {F/N}, offering her a hand to get down. "Either way, you're not staying here. Pack your bag, you're coming with me."

The girl hesitated. "Daichi, I can't do that. My parents will-"

"Your parents will what? Apologize and suddenly stop their abusive behavior? A simple 'sorry' isn't going to make these bruises disappear. Moving away from the source of them will."

"Daichi..."

"You can't change my mind. Where's your travel bag?"

{F/N} eyed her closet, and without another word, Sawamura rummaged through it, not stopping until he found the bag. "Go pick out your clothes," he then said, an affectionate smile on his face. "I'll gather your other necessities."

{F/N} slowly moved her way towards her stack of clothes, packing her warmest sets. She then set them down in her bag, leaning against the wall as she waited for Sawamura to finish.

When he noticed her waiting, he raked a hand through his hair and sat down on her bed. His frustration made its way onto his face, but was soon replaced with worry. Even so, {F/N} caught a flash of reluctance in his eyes.

"What's bothering you?" she asked, "Besides the given situation."

Sawamura turned his head to face her. "What makes you think something's bothering me?"

"It's written all over your face." She took a few steps closer, "I told you a secret, now it's your time to tell me."

Knowing that he couldn't argue with her, he patted the spot beside him. "Fine... Sit."

{F/N} didn't hesitate. "What's wrong?"

Sawamura sighed. "There's... this problem I'm facing. It's a pretty big problem, but I don't really know what to do about it."

{F/N} snorted. Could he get any more vague?

"There's this thing I'd like to do," he continued, "but it might ruin things and make the problem worse."

"Well, you won't know until you try," {F/N} shrugged, "if not doing it bothers you, you should just do it. Then, if it's still a problem, at least you'll know you need to look for another way of tackling the problem. If it worked, you'll know you fretted over nothing."

The boy frowned in frustration, his palms suddenly clammy. "I'll listen to your advice just this once," he rested his hand on her shoulder, "but if she hates me because of this, you're the one at fault."

Before she had any time to wonder, he captured her lips with his, not failing to notice her surprise. He couldn't blame her – the kiss he planted came out of nowhere. Even so, she hadn't made an effort to pull away.

Surprised by this, Sawamura leaned back. "Sorry, I don't know what came over me, now is not a good time and-"

{F/N} shook her head and pressed a finger to his lips, shushing him. "Does it look like she hates you? Stop fretting over it." She took his hand in hers before getting up, then swung her travel bag over her shoulder. "Now let's get going so you can do it again."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ❀ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Oh god, did this need a rewrite. I hope this is a lot better than it was previously;;;