« I've Been Waiting For This Night » || Kuroo Tetsurō x Reader || {Songfic}

Here we are together, you and I...
Watching light surround us, feel the night...

Kuroo had invited {F/N} to a party and both ended up on the rooftop, overlooking the busy city underneath them as their paths were lit by the stars around them. The boy had been planning this for days now, ever since he knew this party was going to take place. He had been wanting to ask her something for a while now.

I was living in the dark,
Try to heal my broken heart,
Until now...
Here we are together, you and I...

Now was the perfect timing. He and his ex-girlfriend broke up not too long ago, since the girl he was with started to realize that Kuroo's attention hadn't been with her anymore, but with someone else. She'd catch him sneaking peeks at {F/N} and figured it would be better if they broke up, not being ready to deal with a one-sided relationship anymore. It hurt the boy that they ended up splitting, but he knew the girl was right somewhere. Kuroo's hand slowly made it's way to {F/N}'s, in hopes of slowly getting his point across.

For a thousand years, through a million tears,
With a hungry heart, every day apart...
I've been waiting for this night...

He laced his fingers around hers and watched her turn her head, taking a deep breath before settling with the question he had running through his mind. His night's up till this night's had been restless; loneliness taking over since his ex dumped him. {F/N} seemed to have it all, ranging from her cheery attitude to the way the dimples in her cheeks showed themselves. Everything about her was something he wanted to turn into his, as cheesy it may have sounded for a provocation expert like him. "{F/N}, I've been wanting to tell you this for a while now, so I'm just gonna say it. I really like you."

When I see your smile, and your beautiful eyes,
I get lost in time, now I know that I...
I've been waiting for this night...

{F/N} blinked a few times, trying to let the words sink in. Kuroo Tetsurō, captain of the Nekoma High volleyball team liked her? Why would he like someone that is frozen at the thought of telling him that she liked him back? A smile made it's way onto her face and Kuroo's features softened, admiring the beauty of it and seeing that shimmer in her eyes. The time she took to answer had him worrying, but when the words 'I really like you too.' left her lips, he couldn't hold it anymore. He found himself in another universe.

If only I could stay here, by your side...
To promise you forever, here tonight...

Oh, was Kuroo happy. The two of them had been talking for months now, and now that he finally told her how he felt and found out she reciprocated his feelings, he wished he could've just married her on the spot. To tell her that – even though he didn't always look the part – he would always be there for her.

There is nothing I can't do,
That can take my heart from you,
Always yours...
If only I could stay here, by your side...

He pulled her closer to him and smiled, enjoying the warmth of their embrace. If only he could stay here, with her in his arms and his heart racing after the nerve-wrecking moment he just went through.

For a thousand years, through a million tears,
With a hungry heart, every day apart...
I've been waiting for this night...

His thumb found its way to her cheek to wipe away the tears she shed of happiness, a smirk dancing on his lips when he realized his words meant a lot to her. "Didn't know I was a Romeo all of a sudden," He laughed, "I should've been an actor." "Or not. I don't think you could've done it." "Oi..."

When I see your smile, and your beautiful eyes,
I get lost in time, now I know that I...
I've been waiting for this night...

She smiled at him yet again and flung her arms around his neck, hugging him for the seocnd time that day and taking in his scent in the process. And just like the first time, he felt time slowing down and found himself cherrishing the time they held each other.

Oh, oh, oh....

"You're not as blunt as you usually are," {Y/N} laughed, "I didn't know that the captain had two sides to his personality." "Oh, really?" He replied, another smirk on his face as he grabbed her by her thighs and lifted her up. "I didn't think you were blunt in general. Guess I could say the same about you."

For a thousand years, through a million tears,
With a hungry heart, every day apart...
I've been waiting for this night...

He set her down on top of the railing of the rooftop so he could adjust his grip on her, before pulling her down again and crashing his lips into hers. Her hands ended up in his messy hair and his ended up around her waist, pulling her against himself as tightly as he could. He wasn't going to let go of her.

When I see your smile, and your beautiful eyes,
I get lost in time, now I know that I...
I've been waiting for this night...

After ten steamy minutes the two pulled apart, to which Kuroo grabbed her hand yet again and let her to the ledge of the roof, having them stare up at the stars together. "Hey, {F/N}?" She turned her head and tilted it, "Hmm?"

"Here we are together, you and I..."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ❀ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Song -> "I've been waiting for this night" by Donny Montell <333

Idk, I got taken away in this one. I just love the song – and Donny Montell – so extremely much.