« Not What She Expected » || Nishinoya Yū x Reader

"Are you kidding me?" {F/N} asked Noya, who sheepishly grinned at her as he got out of his car.

"It's not my fault! Ryū was the last one to borrow it!"

"Then you better call him to pick us up. This is not how I expected my free Saturday to be spent."

{F/N} exited his car as well and sat down on a railing besides the road, heaving sighs one after another.

She and Noya were going to go and have a walk through the woods, but then somewhere on the highway a light turned on. When Noya said, "That light's not supposed to flicker..." she already sensed trouble, but so fast? They hadn't even moved three hundred meters since then.

So, now the two of them were parked on the emergency lane of the highway and waiting for a solution to their problem. Noya was on the phone with Tanaka as {F/N} continuously looked at the cars that passed by, praying that one of them could just stop and give her a ride.

It wasn't cool either; temperatures were rising and getting close to the 40 degrees Celsius.

"It's so hot!" She groaned in frustration, putting her hair up in a bun and praying that it would help her cool down.

Guess what? It didn't.

"I didn't expect it to stop so fast! I'm sorry, {F/N}!"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. I guess it's not as bad because I'm spending it with you. But Ryū better own up for his responsibilities!"

The young libero sat down next to the girl and fumbled with his fingers. He was planning on confessing to her during their little walk, but if all odds are against him, he's not even going to get there before it's too dark.

"W-We can always get ice cream when we get back! You like ice, right?"

{F/N} chuckled and looked up at the sky, slightly blinded by the sun as she tried to make the best out of it. "Everyone likes ice. Especially in this heat... Hey, why don't we go to a waterpark tomorrow to make up for all the time we spent baking here?"

"Really? You'd want to?!"

"Yeah! Why not?"

She ruffled his hair and brought a blush to his cheeks, followed by a big smile on his face.

There was a silence between the two of them for a while, but it wasn't uncomfortable in the slightest. They had to wait at least another half an hour for Tanaka to arrive, and they could only talk about the heat for so long.

Noya suddenly got up with a determined look in his eyes as he opened the trunk of his car, seeming to look for something. {F/N} tilted her head at the sight but remained seated as she tried to sneak some peeks in, but the boy caught her quick enough.

"Close your eyes!" He ordered, and she did as told and covered her eyes. She heard his feet come closer to her and soon felt his presence behind her, before feeling something being placed on her head.

"Can I open my eyes yet?" She chuckled, but the boy wasn't done just yet.

"Not yet, {F/N}!"

He took off again and the girl heard him rummaging in the glove compartment, before he came back and laid something on her lap. Without her knowing, he quickly took a picture of her and then told her to open her eyes, smiling brightly when showing her the picture he took.

"You got me a flowercrown?" {F/N} asked, blushing at the gesture and inspecting the picture closely.

"It looks really cute on you!"

"Th-Thank you."

Shs was honestly flustered by the gift, but when Noya pointed at the package on her lap, she knew she had something more coming. She carefully removed the ribbon and was greeted by a golden halo, the words 'Will you be my girlfriend?' inscribed into the metal of the back part of it. Well, it was more the shape of a horseshoe than a halo, but it was still beautiful.

"R-Ryū told me you had been looking at one of these for a while now and I figured I'd give it to you..." The libero mumbled, nervously scratching the back of his neck as he avoided her eye contact.

{F/N} was still stunned – Tanaka actually pays attention when she talk to him? And Noya went out of his way to get this for her?

Her cheeks burned an even brighter shade of red as she carefully put the gift down and got up, tackling the smaller boy into a hug with a big smile on her face.

"Thank you so much," She whispered, "This is one of the best things anyone has ever gotten for me."

She pulled away and quickly pecked his cheek, before grabbing his hand and pointing at a distant car. "I think Ryū's coming."

{F/N} waved at the car with the red second year behind her, giving him that signature smile of hers when turning around. "Of course I'll be your girlfriend. I thought you'd never ask."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ❀ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Glandhsjwn- I lost my cute writing vibe or something... I have great ideas for the next few I promise ;w; Hope you enjoyed!