« Go Ask Someone Else » || Kindaichi Yūtarō x Reader

"Hajime, I have a question..." {F/N} asked her brother, nervously tapping her index fingers together as she stood in his room.

"Is it about Kindaichi?"

"Huh?!"

The girl was taken aback by his response – she hadn't even said anything yet. "I-I... Well..."

Her voice became smaller the longer she spoke, "Yeah..."

Iwaizumi ruffled her hair and closed his room door, sitting down on his bed and disregarding his studying especially for his little sister. "What's up?"

"Do you think he likes me?" {F/N} refused to meet his gaze, but the blush that lingered on her cheeks was evident enough.

"I don't know why he wouldn't. Why don't you ask him?"

"Are you out of your mind?! What if he says no?!"

Iwaizumi shrugged, "You just thank him for listening and move on. It's easy."

"Easy for you! You've been rejected so many times it comes naturally!"

A vein popped on his head as he softly smacked the back of her head, sending her out of his room. "Go ask someone else."

~•~

And ask someone else she did.

"O-Oikawa-kun?" {F/N} stuttered, tugging the taller boy's sleeve.

"Hm? Oh, Iwa-chan's little sister. Your brother already went home." He replied, continuing to pack his bag.

"Th-That's not what I'm here for...!" She bowed down to him to get her point across, desperately wanting his help.

The setter tilted his head and smirked at her, wondering what she could possibly need him for. "Then what are you here for, sister-chan?"

"I-I... You're on the same team as Kindaichi-kun, right?"

Oikawa cocked a brow as his smirk grew wider. "Why yes, I am~ Does somebody have a crush?"

"Sh-Shut up, Trashykawa-kun..." {F/N} lowered her gaze to her shoes and sighed, fighting the blush on her face. "Will you help me?"

The boy patted her head but shook his head, "No. You blew it by taking over your brother's habits. Go ask someone else. I'm sure Yahaba could help~"

~•~

And so she took his advice.

"Yahaba-senpai?"

The taller boy turned around and smiled at the girl, waving slightly before carrying some boxes to the storage room. "What can I help you with, {F/N}-chan?"

"Well, uh... You know Kindaichi, right?"

The boy nodded and put the box down, wondering what she was getting at.

"D-Do you think he likes me?"

The brunette shook his head, "He doesn't really talk during practice, and if he does, it's not to me... I can't really help you. You could go ask someone else, I think Watari might know a little bit more?"

{F/N} sighed and thanked Yahaba, before turning around and walking into the gymnasium.

Kindaichi was still practicing and noticed her agitation, soon putting his ball down and calling for her attention.

She was still pretty frustrated, so she didn't fully comprehend who she was talking to.

"Do you need help with anything, {F/N}?" He asked, to which she nodded.

"See, I'm trying to ask K-" Realization dawned upon her as she dragged the sound of the letter K on, trying to think of a solution to get herself out of this.

"... Ask K- Kunimi for study help! Y-Yeah, that's it, haha! I'll find him eventually! G'bye!"

{F/N} mentally facepalmed herself as she ran out of the gym, leaving a worried and confused Kindaichi behind.

~•~

The boys of the volleyball team – excluding Kindaichi – sat around a table in the cafeteria, sighing for the umpteenth time today.

"So she asked you too, huh?"

"It's obvious she likes him."

"He likes her too."

"What's taking them so long?"

The team continued to bicker and failed to notice Kindaichi walking in, who then put his bag down and decided to interfere. "What are you guys talking about?"

The guys flinched at first, but then they deadpanned and exchanged some looks. With everyone looking at Kindaichi, they spoke in unison. "{F/N} likes you."

The boy's face flushed red as he scratched the back of his neck, avoiding their gazes as they eyed him intently. "H-How do you know?"

"Just ask her out already."

"Will you guys help me?"

"No. Go ask someone else."

~•~

This brings us to today.

{F/N} was looking for Kindaichi, and Kindaichi was looking for her – both of them with the same intention.

How they ended up finding each other?

The two of them ran up to Oikawa simultanuously. "Oikawa, have you seen- Ah, there you are!"

Oikawa was impressed by both of them saying the exact same thing and having the exact same idea, before leaving them alone. It was better if they did it in private, right?

Kindaichi looked at {F/N} nervously as he fumbled with his fingers, before shaking his head and deciding to cut the chase. "I've been wanting to tell you this for a long time now, so I'm just gonna say it... I really like you, {F/N}, as more than a friend, and if you don't feel the same I totally understand and-"

It took her a lot of courage, but {F/N} wanted to show him that she liked him back – and the only way she could think of at the time was to kiss his lips to stop him from talking.

Both of them turned a dark shade of red at the action and pulled apart soon after, leaving the girl with a sheepish grin on your face.

"Y-You have practice," She laughed, "You should go and enjoy it."

"Not without you." He grabbed her hand and dragged her to the gymnasium with him, panting upon arrival.

{F/N} quickly – and without thinking – wrapped her arms around his waist as a thank you, until Oikawa's voice interrupted. "Kindaichi, sister-chan, can you guys help me for a minute?"

The two of them exchanged a glance and shook their heads, "Go ask someone else."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ❀ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Kindaichi is literally impossible, I swear to god. This felt like a good idea but it turned out awful, so I'm amazed if you were able to enjoy this...