« Sleep In » || Yaku Morisuke x Reader

In celebration of the new cover and as a dedication to callmeallysa , here's a Yaku one :)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ❀ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

When Yaku said he was going to sleep in, {F/N} expected something reasonable. You know, like... Eleven o'clock, or something?

But time was passing fast, and when she looked at the clock and realized the male hadn't come downstairs yet, she was growing rather worried.

She put her spoon of cereal back in the bowl and got up from the kitchen table, before trudging up the stairs as quietly as possible and knocking on the door. "Morisuke~ Are you up?"

No response.

The girl quietly turned the doorknob and opened the door, a subtle smile landing on her lips as soon as she saw the boy sleeping in their bed. The rays of light fell on his face perfectly, and the way his lips were parted slightly made her heart flutter.

{F/N} chuckled softly as she sat down on her half of the bed, her hand raising slowly as she brought it to his cheek.

It wasn't a weird thing that he had been in such a desperate need for sleep – Kuroo has been making the team work very hard for Nationals, and {F/N} was pretty sure he trained more hours a day than that he slept. And when he didn't have volleyball practice, he was found studying for his exams – he had been starting to lose all of his free time.

Sure, {F/N} was a little upset about it, but what could she do? She tried to support him as best as she could, and he seemed rather appreciative of it too.

"And the moments you are free, you spent sleeping." She laughed, stroking his cheek another time before feeling his hand lousily wrapping around her wrist.

A soft groan left his lips as he turned onto his side, pulling the girl down in the process. He quietly nuzzled his face into the crook of her neck and made her laugh at how ticklish it felt, but nonetheless he was still asleep and had no desire to wake up anytime soon.

{F/N}'s eyes averted to the ceiling with a laugh, "My cereal's getting soggy, you know? Is it okay if I get up?"

She tried to wiggle from his grasp slightly but the boy shook his head, hugging her even tighter than before without realizing it himself.

It wasn't like {F/N} minded to be in his embrace, but she had purposefully gotten up earlier to make him breakfast as soon as he got up. "So much for that plan..."

She smiled and ran her fingers through his hair, feeling her heart flutter yet again when feeling how silky it felt. He was in need of a haircut, and he was well-aware of that, but the idea of finding time to go seemed greater than reality.

{F/N} aimed her sight back to his closed eyes and sighed, "Babe, I know sleep is wonderful and all, but you can't sleep forever, okay? You're going to mess up your sleeping schedule this way..."

Nothing but a frustrated groan was thrown her way as he nuzzled his head even deeper – if that was even possible by now – into the crook of her neck, voice hoarse as he figured he wasn't going to be sleeping anymore with his girlfriend in the room.

"Tell you what," {F/N} started, "If you get out of bed now, I'll even make you my famed pancakes. Now, that's an offer you just can't say no to."

With the groggy morning voice he had, he let out a weary chuckle. "Is that so?"

"Heck yes. Can't say no until you've tried them."

"I suppose I'll have to, then."

{F/N} hummed in agreement but sweatdropped a little when her boyfriend had yet to let go of her. "Morisuke?"

"Hm?"

"I can't bake you pancakes like this."

"Oh. Right."

He let go of her with a chuckle and watched as she exited the room, a smile left to linger on his face before he slowly hoisted himself out of bed. He stopped in front of the dresser and grabbed his glasses, putting them on before trying to drag himself towards the staircase.

When he looked at the clock in the hallway, he was somewhat surprised to see the time – it was almost 2PM, and he was only now leaving his bed.

He quietly went down the stairs and smiled when seeing {F/N} so focussed on making her pancakes that he couldn't help but lean against the wall and observe. He had always thought she was cute, but seeing her like this confirmed it for him – she could make anything look adorable.

His smile turned into a toothy grin as he snuck up on her, wrapping his arms around her from behind as he took a sniff of the pancakes she was cooking.

"Smells good," He chuckled, "Must taste good, too."

"Uh, duh? Look who's cooking!"

Yaku placed a kiss on the girl's cheek before sitting down at the kitchen table, a finger pointed at the bowl of cereal that looked soggy. "Were you planning on eating this?"

"I was, until a certain someone dragged me into bed. Those were Lucky Charms, and they were really good. So, you better like my pancakes."

She took the pan off the stove and threw the pancake on a plate, putting it down in front of him and sitting down across from him, picking up the spoon she had let go of earlier and stuck it back in her mouth.

"Y-You're not going to eat a pancake?" Yaku asked, a little bit worried that his girlfriend was eating the soggy cereal. Either the pancakes were really bad, or she desperately wanted her cereal.

"I paid a lot for this, okay... I'm not rich."

The male sweatdropped as he decided to let it go, before silently digging into the pancake and spending the rest of his day off with {F/N}. She was somewhat cranky after her cereal, but for one day, he could look beyond that – he had a surprise planned for later that night, anyways.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ❀ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

I need help guys. I caved and started listening to KPOP (only one band though, because I'm loyal – hA) and they're seriously all I think about. Do you know how hard it is to take an exam while singing and dancing to Korean music in your head?

Thanks Astro, you guys better make it up to me by visiting The Netherlands ;-;

Fixed on 06/20/2017