« Fangirls » || Iwaizumi Hajime x Reader

It was that average routine for {F/N} again.

Go to class, take a seat in the back, stare at the back of Iwaizumi's head until he'd turn around... It was the same every day – she was too shy to admit to him that she liked him.

She'd purposefully drop her pencil every so often in hope of accidentally grabbing his attention, but it usually ended up in a scolding by the teacher instead.

All and all, trying to muster the courage to confess to Iwaizumi didn't seem like something that was going to happen any time soon.

The rest of the class started to file in as usual, but something was different today. Oikawa didn't sit down in his usual spot but was actually seated next to Iwaizumi this time, which didn't catch only her attention – Oikawa's fangirls were keeping close eyes on him. But just as much as they heeded him, they heeded the girl too.

{F/N} continued to stare and twirl her hair with an absent mind, until the leader of the fangirls appeared in front of her table and slammed her hands on it. The sound of the impact didn't only startle her, but it also had the other students – the ones that weren't already in front of her – turn their heads to see what was going on.

"What's wrong?" She asked, not understanding why there was suddenly a group of angry girls intently staring at her.

"You're staring at Oikawa." The first girl started, before being interrupted by the next.

"Yeah! What's your business with him?!"

"You're not one of us, so stop!"

"He'll never like you anyways."

"I can't believe she thinks she stands a chance."

{F/N} blinked a few times with wide eyes, her lips parting slightly when looking at them in disbelief.

"I'm not looking at Oikawa! What business would I want with that stud anyways?"

She knew she hit a sensitive string for the girls when saying that, but she couldn't exactly go in and tell them what she was doing. "I was staring at Iwaizumi." wasn't exactly something she could say aloud, could she?

The group of girls seemed to grow larger and surrounded her table, and without a teacher there was nothing she could do but await their reaction.

{F/N} seemed to have pissed them off quite a lot when calling Oikawa a stud, but for some reason that didn't appear as enough for her. She got up from her chair and stood amidst the angered teens, surprising quite some boys who had been tracking the situation.

"And I don't understand what all of you guys see in him either!"

Oikawa and Iwaizumi were silently listening, before Oikawa elbowed his friend. "She's in quite some trouble, ne, Iwa-chan?"

Iwaizumi rolled his eyes and sighed, "It's all because of your fangirls, Trashykawa. If you'd have them under control, this wouldn't have happened. Go help {F/N}, or I'll hit you."

"Ne, ne, so mean, Iwa-chan! Besides, don't you think it's better if you go help her? You're the one that likes her, after all~"

The brunette blushed slightly but turned his head away, hiding how his composure had changed. "Shut up."

However, the situation only became worse.

"Sure, he may be smart and talented, but he's extremely childish. I wouldn't be able to deal with that."

"What do you mean, he's childish?!"

"You forgot to mention cute and kind!"

"How can you not like Oikawa-san?!"

"You're really weird, you know?!"

Iwaizumi had about enough. He had been a coward by not standing up for her earlier, so he had to find a way to apologize for only coming in action now.

"Leave her alone."

Oikawa pretended to look surprised, but soon his face fell into a smirk.

"Have fun, Iwa-chan~" He whispered, watching as his childhood friend took a stand.

"She's not becoming one of you. Never will, never has been. You guys are pissing me off, and if you're that obsessed with Shittykawa over there, you should stalk him instead."

He offered {F/N} a hand to get out of the mess and locked eyes with her, before she reluctantly took it. "Let's go. You must be tired of hearing Assikawa's fangirls fawning over him."

He pulled her out of her seat and then dragged her out of the classroom, leaving Oikawa with yet another smirk on his face. "Nice going, Iwa-chan~"

Iwaizumi continued to drag the girl through a huge amount of hallways, before finding a quiet space for the two of them to sit.

She was staring at her hands and trying to suppress the blush that was fighting to surface on her cheeks.

"I'm sorry for that... I didn't expect Crappykawa's fangirls to be that obsessive."

{F/N} was genuinely surprised by his apology, "Why are you sorry? You didn't do anything wrong. Besides, I wasn't even staring at him. My heart's taken by someone else."

Iwaizumi couldn't believe his ears. {F/N} already liked someone?

"I-I know I'm not supposed to ask, but... Who took it? M-Maybe I can help you, o-or something!"

She chuckled and slowly turned her head towards him, smiling softly when seeing how worried yet curious he was. "You did."

She could see the color leave his face after she told him – he didn't show it, but he was happy. "I-I did?!"

He shook his head rapidly and she couldn't help but laugh.

"Yeah, you did. I doubt you can help me with that, though." {F/N} was sad about how he didn't reply with what she wanted, but she continued to smile. If she pretended to be fine with it, he wouldn't feel as bad.

She stared at her shoes for a while, but a sudden relieved sigh made her turn her head. "Man, you had me worried for a second... I was scared you wouldn't like me."

{F/N}'s eyes widened as she turned towards him more, seeing the blush spread onto his face when he grabbed her hand. "Now that I know you like me too... Can I ask you on a date?"

"Y-Yes!"

The girl replied almost instantly, swinging her arms around his neck. "Thank you, Hajime."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ❀ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

It didn't completely turn out the way I wanted it to, but I'm just trying to improve. Honestly, I think something like this would be adorable (and I wrote this on a bus with screaming kids). Hope you guys enjoyed~