« Gone For So Long » || Sawamura Daichi x Reader

Two years, five months, three weeks, six days. That's how long he's been gone.

{F/N}'s best friend, Sawamura Daichi, had enlisted himself in the military to aid her country.

Saying goodbye was very hard for the both of them and she still missed him up till this day, and every now and then she would be in a very bad mood. She'd lock herself up in her room with some sad music playing, thinking back about all the time they'd spent together and wishing he'd just come back.

But then again, if he were – who says he'd still think about her?

Sure, the two of them had promised to stay in touch, but he hadn't been returning any of her letters for over a year now. She knew it was time to move on, but she just couldn't.

{F/N} hoisted herself out of bed slowly and got ready to change, seeing a text from Shimizu – asking if she wanted to go out tonight. She wasn't really feeling it, but maybe it was for the better; maybe it would take her mind off of things.

"Mom, is it okay if I go out with Shimizu tonight?" She asked, but her mother shook her head at the bottom of the staircase.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart, but tonight's not a good time. Can't you go tomorrow?"

{F/N}'s face saddened even more as she threw on a pair of comfortable clothes and went downstairs, walking into the kitchen. "It's fine. I didn't really feel like going, anyways."

The girl grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and threw herself down on the couch, making her mother worry about her. She had been visibly sad for two weeks straight now, and every day seemed to become worse and worse.

"I'm just curious, but... Why am I not allowed to go out tonight?"

{F/N} took a quick sip of water and pulled her legs up to her chest, resting her chin on her knees.

"I just want you home tonight. You've been so sad lately, and I don't know what you'll do and if Shimizu can handle that."

She sat down next to her daughter and looked at her with a bit of a pained expression, seeing her rest her head on her shoulder.

"I just miss him, mom... I want him to come back..."

The mother gently wrapped her arms around the teen and pulled her closer, "I understand, honey... I understand..."

~•~

"Sweetheart, can you come downstairs? We're having dinner in ten minutes..." {F/N}'s mother tried, to which the girl reluctantly opened her door.

"On my way..."

She hadn't cheered up at all since this morning, but she hadn't eaten all day either – she hated to admit it, but she was starving.

The girl slowly went down the steps and soon sauntered into the hallway, hearing her mother call out to her again. "Oh, we're also having someone over for dinner, so I hope you're dressed!"

{F/N} sighed and poised a hand over the doorknob that separated her from the living room and mumbled a few words, "Yeah, yeah... I am..."

The teen opened the door and jumped slightly, her eyes widening when letting her gaze fall upon the smile on her mother's face. She was never this excited to have people over. Did she finally find herself a guy again?

"Go say hello to our guest, okay? I'll be in shortly. I need to get something from upstairs."

She placed her hands on {F/N}'s shoulders reassurringly and soon left her alone, which made the girl sigh.

Cursing to herself softly, she made her way into the kitchen and bowed down upon entering.

"Nice to have you over for dinner." She said, her voice monotone as she spoke.

When everything was silent and she didn't get a reply, she straightened her back – only to freeze in her position.

"Thank you," The voice laughed, a laugh she recognized oh so well. "Nice to see you again after so long."

{F/N} was still unable to comprehend what she was seeing but felt her eyes starting to sting, the tears forming themselves as her lips started to tremble.

Daichi got up from the chair he sat in and was immediately tackled into a hug by the girl, smiling when seeing her happy again.

"I-I m-missed you s-so much...!" {F/N} cried out, burying her face deeper into his chest and taking in that familiar scent of his. "I thought you were never going to come back!"

She couldn't help but sob at seeing him back again and didn't want to let go of him anymore.

The boy's grip around her tightened when he heard her cries, only being able to recall the sad face she pulled before entering. "Of course I was coming back. I promised you after all, didn't I?"

She nodded softly, "Y-Yeah, but- Y-You stopped replying to my letters about a year ago... I thought you didn't want to see me again..."

Daichi's eyes widened when hearing this, "You'd been sending me letters? Why didn't they send them to me? I transferred stations around that time."

"S-So you didn't hate me?"

"I could never hate you. You mean so much to me, {F/N}, and I want you to know that."

He pried her arms loose from him and wiped her tears, getting on one knee to match her eye level. "So stop crying, okay?"

He softly pressed his lips against hers, proving to her that she was important to him.

"And if that wasn't enough," He chuckled, "You're the first person I visited after coming back."

He tried to calm her down, but it only made the girl cry more. "Please don't be sad anymore. I'm here now, and I'm all yours."

{F/N} smiled with the tears still in her eyes, but there was one question left in the back of her mind. "I'm really glad you're back and I don't want to ruin our moment, but... You're gonna have to leave again at some point, right? How long do you have?"

The boy smiled at her and kissed her lips again, stroking her cheeks before getting up and hugging her.

"Let's not talk about that," He whispered, "Leaving you is the last thing I want to do."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ❀ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

This sounded so much better in my head ;w; Oh well, I still kind of like it. This guy is so underrated, tbh... Hope you enjoyed!