1.3

The group rushed towards Katy as she was shoved back into the truck, her body weakened and shaking beneath her, hours of hell had taken all energy out of her

The group rushed towards Katy as she was shoved back into the truck, her body weakened and shaking beneath her, hours of hell had taken all energy out of her. She had never experienced anything so bad before.

She fell into Daryl's arms grasping onto his jacket as he held her tightly whispering her name. "What was that?"

"A miscarriage." She whispered clutching him tighter when she heard the audible gasps from the others in the vehicle. "I swear I didn't know I was pr-"

Guilt and sadness were flooding through her because she knew that the baby probably hadn't been Daryl's and she didn't know how she was supposed to feel: when she was younger she had loved the thought of having a baby but she didn't want one that was created with men like the claimers.

"Shh." Daryl ran his hand through her hair. "It ain't your fault."

The roof of the truck opened suddenly and a small object was dropped inside of it that emitted a toxic smoke -- diving away didn't seem to help, they still began to choke violently, eventually passing out.

"What the hell is going on?"

The group woke up at around the same time, the gas hadn't been very long lasting: Daryl, Rick, Glenn and Bob were gone and they all began to panic. Katy had been sitting in the corner when it happened and slowly stood up, her actions still skittish like they had been since the miscarriage.

"I might be able to use this shell to compromise the door." Eugene said using his scientific knowledge.

"We need to get ready to fight when they come back." Maggie instructed with determination.

Sasha stood up impulsively with built up anger. "What's the cure, Eugene?"

"It's classified." He replied quickly and with shade.

"You leave him be." Abraham warned everybody with a harsh tone.

"Even if I provided step by step instructions complete with illustrations, the cure would still die with me." Eugene stated offensively.

"Is he calling us stupid?" Tara muttered to Katy with a heavy dislike for the man with the mullet. 

Katy shrugged. "If he is, he can kill his own walker next time."

"Please, can you not give us an idea of the cure." Sasha asked again.

"It's classified." Eugene repeated.

"Classified my ass." Katy said snarkily. "Even if you get to Washington there's no guarantee you can enable the cure, right. So, why the hell am I trying to protect you when you're being awfully suspicious about it."