4.1

A loud knocking traveled through the room and into Katy's ears, she sat up quickly grumbling to herself because she had only just managed to sleep

A loud knocking traveled through the room and into Katy's ears, she sat up quickly grumbling to herself because she had only just managed to sleep. She couldn't rid herself of disturbing images of her friends.

"Who is it?" She shouted nervously.

"My names Sherry." A woman called. "I'm Negans wife, can I come in?"

Katy realized that this must have been the 'favorite wife' and she hoped that it was a nice woman although she didn't imagine Negan would attract those. Walking to the door, she pulled it open with an unsure smile on her face, the woman had short brown hair and a kind but unhappy face.

"You're Katy right?"

"Yeah, hello." She replied simply. "What does he want you to do?"

"Show you the ropes." She told me. "I have this for you, for after you've showered and stuff."

Katy took the clothes and examined the black dress, it was short and tight. The girl had not worn a dress since before the change and she did not really want to, it was uncomfortable for her to think of going around in material like that. She had grown to like her worn and dirty jeans and t-shirt.

"I don't really want a dress." She admitted.

"It will make you look like one of us." Sherry referenced herself and the other wives; she hated Negan for what he had done to her and her family just like Katy and she wanted to make sure that the woman did not do anything to screw herself over.

"I don't want to look like one of you."

"I know." She said with sincerity. "But your husbands locked up here and you're pregnant so being with us and doing what he wants is the safest thing until you get away."

Katy liked the forward way she spoke and felt a common ground with the girl.

"Did he do the same to you?"

Sherry looked at the door before she nodded. "Negan wanted to marry my sister but she was sick and we left with my husband Dwight. She died and we had to come back. I married Negan so that he wouldn't kill Dwight. He burned him instead."

The story seemed familiar and Katy was confused until something in her mind clicked. "You're the ones Daryl ran into in the woods?"

"Yes." She nodded with shame.

"Please leave." Katy said sternly.

"Please. I'm sorry, just like Daryl said I would be." She said genuinely. "I want to help you."

Their wide eyes settled on each other, two desperate women. "How do I know you're not tricking me for Negan?"

"He treats me well but if I hadn't had to marry him to save Dwight, I wouldn't have." She answered. "I promise."