3.3

"Come on, Sam

"Come on, Sam. You can do it." 

The small group had to stop in between all of the flesh-eating monsters to try and encourage the small child to move and be quiet. He was putting them all in danger otherwise. Katy held Ricks hand tighter in her own and tried to control her breathing. She found herself extra nervous, not just for herself and the others but for the baby she could have in her stomach.

Jessie Anderson screamed when a walker buried its teeth into her youngest sons neck.

Nobody could have been unaffected by the sight of the young boy being killed and Katy certainly wasn't. She turned her head away from the sight. Jessie refused to let go of her child's hand and that's why the walkers got her so easily. Sam and Jessie had been in the middle of their line and she had been holding Carl's hands. The walkers were coming closer and the teenager couldn't loosen her grip on him.

Rick stumbled forwards, pulling his hand away from Katy and pulling out his axe. He hacked Jessie's hand off determinedly; he had liked the girl but he loved his son.

Everything after then happened quickly.

There was a click, Ron Anderson holding a gun to Carl's head. Nobody was insensitive to him, he was a young boy that had just seen his mother and brother killed but he was trying to kill Carl Grimes. Carl Grimes was protected by the whole group and that's why Michonne impaled Ron.

For a second everything seemed okay again but then Carl mumbled and the three adults turned around only to see blood pouring from the boy's eye as he fell forwards. Katy screamed. Michonne groaned. Rick stumbled towards his injured son, picking him up and they all began to run.

Denise opened the door to a house and they made their way in there as fast as possible. Carl was placed on a stretcher and Denise immediately began to try and help him. In the light, his eye looked worse. Katy had always seen Carl as mature and kind of adult but he was a boy -- a damaged boy.

"Katy." Aaron ran forwards and lifted the bloody sheet over his little sisters head before hugging her tightly.

"This is all so shit." She said into his chest.

"I know." He nodded. "I've been here since the start, I can't believe it."

The door opened harshly and Rick stormed outside with his axe in hand. Katy felt a sudden surge to help him because her family was important to her and their home was important too. She didn't want Rick alone out there. When she picked up a large knife and stepped forwards her brother tried to stop him but she didn't listen.

"Being pregnant isn't a good enough reason to not fight nowadays."

Rick was in the middle of a crowd of walkers, he didn't notice the woman walking out. He was outnumbered by quite a lot of them and Katy knew that she needed to draw some away. Reenacting a plan she had done a few times when she was travelling alone, she cut down her own arm so that some walkers would smell the blood and follow her trail. She killed them as they came towards her, moving backwards as she did. Some others began to leave their homes and help with the fight, they began to make a steady pace.