2.1

"I really wanna wash my hair

"I really wanna wash my hair." Katy told Daryl with her head on his shoulder as they sat together in the barn.

"How do you wanna do that?"

"Next time we see a lake or something." She pondered the limited options.

"You remember last time?"

"Of course." She nodded with a laugh. " You were fuming."

"You pretended to drown."

"I told you I was gonna get you in that water though." She shrugged. "I won, Dixon."

The barn doors opened and Maggie walked in nervously with a stranger standing next to her; he looked oddly familiar to Katy and when they made eye contact her head began to reel with memories from the past. Her childhood swirled around her mind: playing, cycling around the garden, late night chats and being comforted after fights in school. All of that happened with her older brother. Andrew -- his friends called him Aaron.

"Shit." She exclaimed. "That isn't possible."

Aaron had been watching the group for a few days and had also believed it to be impossible at first but as he watched the brunette more he knew for sure that it was his little sister and he couldn't believe how grown up she had become.

"I've wanted to come over and say hi ever since I first saw you." Aaron smiled.

"But how?" She stuttered.

"I moved around here when I left home."

"Why did you leave?" She asked with sadness.

Katy had always been haunted by the past of her family; she had adored her older brother and one day she woke up and he had just gone. Nobody ever told her what had happened, she had always been left in the dark.

"Mum and dad made me leave."

Katy shook her head, her jaw dropping. "Mum and dad loved you."

"They did." He nodded. "I just wasn't the son they wanted."

"Why?"

"I'm gay."

Katy stepped forwards and wrapped her arms around her brother, he returned it quickly. They had been very close siblings all their life and being reuinted by the best feeling. She didn't like the fact that her parents had sent him away for being gay but she didn't want to dwell on it because they were dead and couldn't defend themselves.

"What the fuck?" Daryl asked with confusion.

"This is my brother."

"You haven't seen him since you were sixteen. How do you know?"

"I just do."

"Even if he is your brother, that doesn't mean we can trust him." Rick said harshly. "Think of Merle."

"He has a camp nearby." Sasha said. "He wants us to audition for a membership." 

"It's not a camp. It's a community." Aaron clarified. "If I were you I wouldn't go either."

"None of us give a shit." Daryl said rudely.

Rick looked over some photographs that Aaron had of the community in his bag before something welled up inside of him and he took long strides over to the new man before punching him in the face causing him to fall onto the floor with a thump.

"Rick!" Katy yelled kneeling down next to her brother and making sure that he was okay. "That was unneccasary."

Once Aaron had got his bearings back and was in small conversation with Maggie, Daryl pulled Katy over to the side and began to talk to her quietly.

"Even if he is your brother would you risk our people for him?"

"We're gonna die if we stay out here." She reasoned.

"I won't let that happen."

"We need eyes in every direction, they're coming for us." Rick called out quite frantically.

"Rick, I think you're paranoid. Nobody's coming." Katy told the bearded man softly.

"Anybody see anything?"

"Just a lot of places to hide." Glenn said looking out.

"Rick, there's no one coming!"I said avidly as he walked up to me angrily.

"How do you know?" He said loudly.

"You're being cautious, I completely understand-"

Rick cut Aaron off. "You have a flare gun to signal people. How many are out there?" 

"Rick, you'd bring people with you."

"Does it matter?" Aaron asked.

"Yes, it does."

"How long you're people been following us?" Daryl asked.

"Long enough to see that despite the lack of food and water you never turned on each other. You're survivers."

Everybody went silent and Rick began walking up to him again. "How many people are out there?"

"One." Rick looked at him like he was crazy. "I knew you wouldn't believe me. What if I drove you to the community? We'll get there by lunch."

"Not sure how the fifteen of us are gonna fit in a car that you and your one friend drove down here in." Rick said sarcastically.

"We drove separately. There's enough room for all of us." He tried to convince him.

"And you've parked just a couple miles away, right." Carol asked.

"You've really thought this through."

"If I wanted to ambush you I'd do it here. Light the barn on fire when you slept and pick you off as you ran out the only exit. You can trust me."

"I'll go" Katy stood up. "I'm gonna go anyway but I'll check it out even if none of you will."

"Why are you so sure we can trust him!" Rick shouted at her.

Katy looked at Aaron with a smile. "He's my brother!"

• Edited •