2.8

The commotion had begun

Rick had only meant to speak to Jessie when Pete entered the house and an inevitable fight ensued. A loud crash attracted people to the street where the two men were on the floor with shattered glass all around them. Rick was on top of Pete, fists were flailing and shouts were occurring loudly.

Nobody knew what to do -- Katy wanted to try and stop it but she knew that she would only end up getting hurt by one of the men. Jessie ran up and grabbed a hold of Pete trying to pull him off Rick, that's when Katy surged forwards because she could tell the woman was going to get hurt. Pete hit her and she screamed as she fell to the floor before Katy knelt down and helped her up, pulling her away from the scene.

"You're alright." She told her calmly.

Carl then tried to pull his father away from the fight and was accidentally hit too. Katy panicked when Rick's fist hit Carl and she pulled him away quickly too.

"Rick that's enough!" She screamed with her hands on Carl's shoulders.

"You touch her again and I'll kill you" Rick threatened Pete.

"Damn it. I said stop!" Deanna screamed.

Jessie's son was holding onto Carol, kids always seemed to like her. A few of the Alexandrian men ran to pull Rick away but he took out a gun making them all step back.

"Rick, what the hell are you doing?" Katy asked loudly.

"You wanna kick me out?"

"Put that gun down, Rick" Deanna's voice had the same authority as usual but you could hear the fear in it too.

Rick's breaths were heavy and he was covered in blood. "You still don't get it. We're the ones who live. You just sit and plan and hesitate. You pretend like you know when you don't. Starting right now we have to live in the real world. We have to control who lives here."

"That's never been more clear to me than it is right now." Deanna said and Katy's heart stopped, she didn't want to get kicked out.

"Me?" Rick began to laugh hysterically. "Your way is gonna destroy this place. It's already got people killed. If you don't fight you die. I'm not gonna stand by and --"

Rick didn't get to finish his sentence because Michonne ran over and knocked him out with the end of her gun.

Daryl and Aaron had been looking for somebody to bring back to Alexandria but had lost him. They ended up finding a truck of supplies instead but there was hidden walkers in there that ended up trapping them in a car with no way out.

"I feel all closed up back there." Daryl admitted to his brother in law.

"You're trying."

"I had to."

"For my sister?"Daryl nodded at Aaron's question. "Listen, I saw you with your group out there on the road and you went off on your own but when the storm hit and you led your people to safety. That was it, I knew I had to bring you people back."

"I'll go." Daryl said as he began smoking a cigarette. "I'll lead them out and you make a break for the fence."

"No. No. No." Aaron objected. "This was my fault."

"It wasn't a question. This ain't your decision." Daryl was pretending to be confident -- he didn't want Katy to lose her brother or her husband. He didn't want to leave his family. "Just let me finish my smoke first."

"No. You don't get them away. We fight!" Aaron spoke with certainty. "We do it together."

Daryl nodded. "You ready?"

"Yeah."

"Go on three."

They both began to prepare themselves to fight what would probably be the death of them. They both started counting but before they could get to three, Aaron's door was opened and a walker was killed. A man neither knew was leading them through the fence to safety.

"I'm Morgan."

"Why?" Daryl asked referencing him saving him, people didn't do that often.

"Because all life is precious, Daryl."

"We have a community not too far from here. It's safe. Join us." Aaron offered the man.

"No thank you. I'm on my way somewhere but I'm lost. Can you tell me where we are?"

As Morgan handed Daryl the map, the redneck gasped at the words that were scrawled across it quickly.

'Sorry I was an asshole, come to Washington. The new worlds gonna need Rick Grimes.'

• Edited •