1.7

Katy and Daryl sat beside each other silently -- she noticed that his hair had grown a little bit and was falling into his face more while he noticed that she looked a lot more deflated than the last time he had seen her

"Was it bad?" Katy asked referencing Beth's death. "I hope it wasn't bad."

"Quick." He told her. "I don't think she would have felt it."

"She didn't deserve to die."

"She'd got stronger." Daryl assured his girlfriend.

"I'm sorry that I was so shitty." Katy buried her face into her hands; of course, Daryl had a completely valid reason to leave the church and she had been unreasonable about it.

Daryl shrugged. "I should have known that I couldn't promise to stay."

The woman sighed and lay her head on his firm shoulder, revelling in his musky scent and electric skin once again.

"You left to go to Washington." Daryl stated.

"It went to shit pretty quickly." She told him. "Eugene's just --"

"What?"

"A liar. He doesn't have a cure." She spoke slowly. "And a creep."

"Why?" Daryl looked alert.

"I'm really fucking sad, Daryl." She admitted to him, her voice cracking in the middle of her sentence.

Turning properly, Daryl put his hand under her chin and lifted it so there eyes were meeting. "Tell me what happened."

"He was watching me getting changed."

"How much did he see?" Daryl asked eerily slowly.

"Everything, I guess." She shrugged. "It reminded me what happened and I lost it, slapped Eugene and then Abraham grabbed me."

Daryl's fist clenched and he bit his lip harshly. "I'd kill them both."

"Glenn punched Abraham."

Daryl nodded in approval inwardly thanking Glenn before pulling his girlfriend closer to him, kissing her forehead and closing his eyes as he held her closely. Katy's hand travelled up to his slightly shaggy hair and began to twist it between her fingers.

"Your hairs so long now."

"You wanna cut it for me?"

"I think that would be a disaster." She laughed shyly.

"Stay here." He told her with a slightly sharp tone to his voice. "I'm gonna talk to Abraham and Eugene."

"Don't start a fight." She pleaded knowing that there was no point trying to stop him.

"If I was gonna kick their asses, I would have done it by now."

He said as he started taking large strides towards the two men, staring them down as he went hoping that they felt a little bit threatened. He was overprotective of everybody that he loved and that was escalated with Katy so the thought of a person that he had spent time with and allowed into his group treating her the way they had made him very angry.

"What's this about?" Eugene asked clearly nervous.

"What do you think?" Abraham said standing straighter.

"Either of you touch my girl again and you'll regret it." He threatened not bothering to stay around and risk a confrontation instead walking swiftly back to the only place he wanted to be which was with Katy.

"They're not gonna do anythin' else."

"I love you." She smiled up at him with admiration in her eyes.

"I love yo--"

Daryl was cut off by a piercing scream coming from the distraught Sasha who had fallen to the floor. Everybody ran over quickly, eager and scared to know what had happened because everything seemed to be going wrong for the group at that time.

"Tyreese is dead."

"We have a priest. Let's give him a funeral."

• Edited •