2.4

"These are ours

"These are ours." 

"Both of them?" Katy asked in astonishment as she looked up at the two houses that stood in front of her. Aaron nodded before Katy, Rick and Carl ran inside excitedly to look around their new home. Everything looked so clean and comfortable in there, there was even running water -- it was like before. The other house was almost exactly the same.

"I'm so excited to shower." The woman exclaimed.

Carl and Rick stayed in that house so that they could shower and use the bathroom while Katy went into the other house to clean up. After finding spare clothes and towels, she entered the bathroom. The hot water felt amazing on her skin and washing her hair, along with the dirt it seemed to wash away the bad times and it felt heavenly.

Once her skin was pruny she stepped out of the shower, dried herself and got dressed. It was unreal to look and feel so clean, that hadn't happened since the outbreak. Her hair now not coated in grease began to form natural waves and her face looked fresher than it had in months.

She walked out to the porch of the house with a smile where she saw Daryl taking the organs out of an animal he had shot. A few of the others were there too, cleaner than Katy had ever seen him and Rick no longer had a beard.

"You took ages." Carl exclaimed.

Rick noticed the woman and nodded with exaggeration. "Daryl wouldn't let anyone in the house while you were showering. Abraham went to walk in and hell almost broke loose."

Daryl had never seen his wife looking so beautiful and he couldn't keep his adoring eyes off her. She looked like a new person. She noticed and made her way over to him, crouching down and noticing the animal insides properly.

"This is nice." She said sarcastically.

"Could be dinner." He shrugged as Katy wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed his cheek. "You smell nice."

"So would you if you showered."

The group had decided to all stay in the same house that night -- they didn't quite trust the place yet and they weren't willing to risk anything. Daryl and Katy sat beside Judith's crib, he had his crossbow next to him just in case. He wasn't even willing to shower or change clothes.

"How long was I in there for?" Michonne asked as she came out of the bathroom.

"About twenty minutes."

"I could not stop brushing." She grinned.

"Finally, plaque is dead." Katy laughed with her.

A knock sounded on the door and they all became alert: usually, a noise in the night would mean walkers. Rick opened it to see Deanna standing outside. She was the second person to comment on Rick's new lack of facial hair, who would have known it would be such a big deal.