2.5

Rick, Daryl, Carol and Katy stood in the woods thinking about their next actions and the choices they needed to make

Rick, Daryl, Carol and Katy stood in the woods thinking about their next actions and the choices they needed to make. Their meeting had been kept a secret. Katy's head was leaning on Daryl's arm which was lightly wrapped around her. The four wanted to steal weapons from the Alexandrian armoury just in case, although they didn't really need to as the group had become valued members of the place and had a fair amount of control.

Daryl and Katy walked around the woods for a small amount of time after the meeting had finished, they didn't all want to go back at the same time.

"I feel guilty about this." Katy admitted in a small voice.

"The guns?" Daryl questioned.

She nodded. "What if it all goes wrong."

"Don't worry." Daryl shrugged. "It wont."

"Are you gonna come to the party Deanna's throwing tonight?" She asked knowing that he would probably say no but hoping that he would make himself more present in the community.

"Dunno." He shrugged before kissing her forehead. "I'm gonna go on a hunt."

Katy nodded and lifted her hand before she began walking back towards the gate, Daryl watched her go before he started walking deeper into the woods holding out his crossbow in front of him. He heard rustling and could tell that it wasn't a walker.

"Come out!" He yelled.

Aaron stepped from behind a tree with a confused look. "You can tell the difference between walkers and humans by sound? Can you tell the difference between a good guy and a bad guy?"

"There ain't much of a difference anymore."

At the party, Katy felt alone. All of the couples were together and it made her wish that the man she loved was more willing to be social and happy. She spotted Rick in close contact with an Alexandrian woman who had a husband and children, Katy thought she'd keep quiet about that.

"Have you made friends?" She asked Carl as she saw him by the food table.

"Yeah." He pointed to two boys stood in the corner of the room.

"You have more than me." She joked.

"I'll stay with you."

"Go to your friends" She shook her head, as Carl stalked off she felt a presence behind her and turned to see Aaron. "Hey brother."

The man smiled. "Daryl's having a meal at mine and Eric's house, would you like to join?"

"Yes, please." She nodded vigorously. "Get me out of this party."

The siblings laughed together as they walked out and made their way to Aaron's house. Katy hugged Eric as a hello and kissed Daryl's lips quickly before they sat down together at a table and began to eat the pasta that they had cooked. Daryl hadn't been brought up in the most civilised manner and his table manners had never been the best, the others laughed as he slurped down his meal like an animal.

"I assume you cooked all of this, Eric." Katy commented with a smirk.

"I'm a good cook." Aaron objected.

"You used to burn toast."

"Daryl, we wanted to show you something." Aaron said a little bit later. Katy and Daryl exchanged a curious look before following the men down to their basement where motorcycle parts lay on the floor. "We want you to rebuild this and help recruit people for Alexandria."

Daryl kept his composed look but Katy could tell he was exited, he had always loved motorcycles. The woman was pleased that he actually seemed happy.

"You're happy?" She asked as they walked back to their own house, hands joined.

"Your brothers alright." He nodded.

"You're starting to like it here, aren't you?" She grinned.

"It isn't that bad, sometimes." He admitted.

"Do you think we could have a life here?" Katy asked hopefully thinking of years into the future where they could possibly have been safe for a while and have a real life.

"Maybe, in a while." Daryl found it hard to be open about his feelings or remain hopeful in any way but he could see a possibility of a future.

Later, when Carol had stolen the guns and offered them to Katy and Daryl, the couple refused to take them because they were beginning to trust Alexandria and they didn't feel like they needed extra insurance.

• Edited •