0.3

Walking outside of the prison, Katy noticed that everybody was standing around and talking casually apart from one person who she decided to visit

Walking outside of the prison, Katy noticed that everybody was standing around and talking casually apart from one person who she decided to visit. He was leaning across his motorbike fixing something or cleaning it perhaps, she wasn't really sure.

 "Hey Dixon" He grimaced slightly at the nickname which made the woman smirk. "What's going on today?"

"You gonna keep calling me that?" She nodded simply to him. "We're going on a run."

"Who?"

"Glenn, Maggie and me."

"I wanna come." She put herself forward to do something different but Daryl's face turned firmer than usual.

"No."

"Why?"

"You're annoying." Katy scoffed at his half-hearted insult.

"You'll be third wheeling otherwise." She pressed on. "Give me a good reason and I won't go."

"Never seen you fight." He tried to think of a reason. "You could be bad."

"I'm good." She smirked smugly. "I guess I'm going."

"I've had to save your ass twice already."

Katy's face fell at the insult that was almost a low blow to her because those times had been hard and she couldn't argue back with a valid point because his words were true.

"Shutup Dixon, they were flukes." 

She turned around and made her way over with a smile to Rick Grimes, she swore as she walked away, she could hear Daryl chuckling but she didn't think to check either way. 

"Rick, can I go on the run today?" She asked the leader. "I'd love to get out for a bit."

"Sure, you can never have too many people." He nodded with a smile. "You were talking to Daryl, everything sorted now."

"He's still a dick but I can deal with it." Rick laughed loudly at the girls' words and shook his head slightly.

The foursome traveled to what would have been a corner shop before the world ended; the drive had been longer than they had planned it to be and they realised that they would be better staying overnight in the small store instead of driving back to the prison in the dark.

Daryl led the way inside followed by Glenn, Maggie and then Katy, all of whom were ready with their knives in front of them and looking out for any walkers. Once inside, Katy traveled to the back room which appeared to be the break room for whoever had owned and worked in the store.

She found only a few useful supplies before opening the wardrobe that resided in the room -- a semi-preserved looking walker fell out clumsily and onto the floor, she put her knife through its head easily and left the room safely.