33 - Team Effort

After going through the possible plans of attack and finalising the initial strategy, Iphigenia turned to Conchim after queen Sawea left and the others prepared for a meal and rest. 'Is there a place to freshen up?'

'There's the pond a little further back which we use.' Conchim said as she gestured in the direction.

Iphigenia looked that way for a moment, then back at Conchim again. 'I'd need a place that's more private. There are some circumstances which I'd rather not have anyone see.'

Conchim cocked her head a little but thought she understood why someone wanted to bathe alone. Sometimes a harpy covered ugly scars with a piece of cloth because it made them feel bad and she pointed into another direction. 'There's a smaller pond that way and sheltered for the most part. You can find it if you follow the narrow path.'

Iphigenia gave her a smile. 'Thanks.' she said and returned to the others. 'Girls, I need you to cover for us after we've eaten.' she said over the link and nudged her head towards Ulric, who picked food for Susi. 'I've used up a lot of my healing power.'

Elzbieta looked up flustered from her pack. 'Wait! You plan to do it with darling!? They'll hear us all!'

Iphigenia giggled. 'Although I'd love to, I'll just have to make due with a quick boost.' she said and licked her lips with a grin. 'It's not as much but it'll be something until we're clear enough to charge completely.'

Elzbieta sighed in relief. 'Then you should do it while we eat. Any sound we'll make will be because we're hungry.'

'Good one.' said Iphigenia and stepped over to Ulric and stroked his ear. 'Come with me, Wolfie. I need you to do something for me first.'

He stroked Susi's head while she sat next to her plate and waited for the others to begin their meal. 'Okay?'

She took his paw and led him along a path flanked by thick bushes and ending up at a small and clear pond at the base of a rock, and mostly surrounded by overhanging tall bushes and a patch of grass at one side with patches of small white and yellow flowers. The quiet atmosphere was underpinned by a trickle of water at the rock base and the soft chirps of birds and rustling of leaves on the breeze. 'You wanted to take a bath?' asked Ulric. 'We could do that after we've eaten.'

Iphigenia turned around, and put her arm around his neck and kissed him while stroking him between his legs. 'Right now I need to eat something else, Wolfie.' she breathed. 'My tally is low.'

He chuckled and stroked her back. 'Of course, I hadn't thought of that.' he said and kissed her again. 'I suppose I'll have to restrain myself to avoid embarrassing the others?'

She chuckled and ran her fingers through his neck fur while her hand filled with hot flesh. 'Unfortunately, so you'll have to make up for it later.'

He undid her dress and kissed her in her neck. 'Gladly and with interest.' he growled softly.

Conchim held her breath while her heart beat faster as she gazed down at the couple from the top of the rock. When she spotted Iphigenia taking Ulric with her suspicion and curiosity took hold of her, and she flew up to the other side of the tall rock and hid in a dark crack with a view of the pond. His earlier mention of lovers resurfaced in her memory but the meaning that hadn't sunk in back then became clear now.

She watched the two kiss passionately, Ulric's paws moving along the length of Iphigenia's back and cupping her tight behind while she pulled him close and caressed him slowly with her free hand, until she guided him to a stone at the edge of the water and sat him down with his lower legs into the pond. She sighed when she entered the cool water and submerged herself up to the top of her chest, then moved between his legs and closed her mouth around him.