Chapter One Hundred-Nine

"Dude, talking to your mom and Alec was a good idea," Reggie assured me.

"I think so too," I agreed although I hated having that conversation with them.

"What did they say when you told them," Nick pressed.

That hadn't been an easy conversation to have. Mom and Alec sat at the kitchen table with me alongside Kaylin and Liam who were there to support me. I explained everything to him along with showing them the evidence. As expected they had clear worry etched on all their faces.

"Ariel, why didn't you tell me about this sooner?" Mom questioned worry especially etching her lovely features.

"I didn't want to worry you I'm sorry," I had frowned unable to look at her so I focused on the tabletop.

"Sweetheart I am supposed to worry about you. I'm your mother," she insisted putting her hand over mine and I held it.

"I know it's just youve been worried so much."

"That doesn't mean I can't worry about you. That's the most important thing I should be worried about. When you're going through anything and especially something like this. If you or anyone is being bothered and harm is being threatened you don't need to keep it to yourself. None of you do."

"I'm sorry I thought I could handle it on my own. Honestly, it may be nothing serious and if it's not I'd hate to have you get worried about that. That's all I was thinking about that."

"I'm glad you told us. We need to go to the police whether this is a joke or not. Just to be safe," Alec assured.

"The police?" I frowned.

"Yes, we do in case it is something serious. Even if this is just someone playing around they should know better than to do things like that. A visit from the police might be what it takes to scare this person away and keep them from doing something like that again. Believe it or not, we have experience in that regard."

"What do you mean?" I looked up meeting his gaze.

"When we were teenagers I had a stalker," Mom admitted and I tore my gaze from him to her.

"A stalker?"

There were still new things I was learning about my mother and this was one of them. Lately, she'd been telling me all sorts of stories from her childhood and her teenage years I'd never heard before. Even so, I'd never heard this one and had no idea she'd had a stalker at all.

"Yes. He was a few years older than I was and he was someone I'd never met before. I believe he was following me for months before I realized he was there. I dating Alec at the time but tried to keep it to myself just like you did. Someone following me was scary but it didn't constitute as a crime even though it should. It all went to head when he approached me in a parking lot."

"What happened?" I frowned in fear afraid to hear what else she might have been through.

"It took me just a moment and I realized who he was. He told me he loved me and that we were meant to be together. He told me he was going to kill anybody who tried to keep him from me. I tried to get away from him and he grabbed me threatening to kill me. It was Kenneth who happened to be driving nearby and he's the one who saved me," she sighed her face carrying fresh pain at the memory and likely her impending divorce.

"I never knew that," I frowned.

"Of course you didn't, baby. There's so much I didn't want to tell you but this is one thing I selfishly didn't want to tell you about. It happened in less than a year but it was a horrible part of my life I didn't want to relive. I never wanted to talk about it and happened until now. It scares me it's happening to you." 

Fateजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें