•24•

🔥🔥🔥
Thank you for 2k votes on this book!!
Merry Christmas!🎄

— 
"Billie, come on! Let's go." You exclaim, hurrying her to get ready. She was about to go meet your family for the first time. Your parents didn't know you were gay, and they surely didn't know about you having an amazing girlfriend. You could say you were nervous, but that word wasn't strong enough for the worrisome butterflies that grew in to stomach as each second ticked by.

Billie finally sighed and turned away from the mirror, not being pleased by her looks. "You look amazing. Stop bringing yourself down." You tell her, kissing her cheek and grabbing her hand. You lead her out the door and you both get into the car before heading off. You started thinking about how this was gonna go down. Finally coming out to your family, them not having a clue in the world. As you got closer to your childhood home, you could feel the nervous shakes coming on. Billie put her right hand on your thigh to soothe you, and the thought was nice.

You pull into your house, the roof and every exterior area decorated with flashing Christmas lights. You get out and head to the door, ringing the doorbell. Billie grabs your hand and you let go, not wanting your mom to see it before you explain. "I'm sorry," you mouth to her, and she nods understandably. Suddenly, your mom opens the door wearing a knee-length black dress with a red wool cardigan to go with it. Her bright blue eyes shine as she smiles, some red lipstick on her teeth as she comes closer to you with her arms open.

"Oh! You brought Billie?" Your mother asks, going to give her a hug after squeezing you half to death. You don't respond as your dad motions for you to come in and give him a hug. You all make your way inside and you hug your father,  your heart aching. You hope they still love you after this.

"Mom, dad, I have to get this out of the way before anything." You mutter, staring at the neatly swept hardwood floors. Your mom grabs your hands and places you on the couch with her sitting next to you. Billie sits on the other side and your dad in a single chair across from you. You try to breath in and out, your breaths becoming shaky. You've been waiting for this moment, but now that it's here it seems almost impossible to spit the words out. Their reactions, their words, their thoughts, they all lead to one thing. Will they accept you?

"I'm gay and Billie is my girlfriend." You say, letting out a deep breath after you said the last word. A sudden weight was lifted off your shoulders, and you instantly relaxed into the soft cushion of the couch. Your mom froze, her thumb not soothingly rubbing your hand now. Your dad was staring at the floor, his thoughts seeming to be all over the place. Finally someone said something, breaking the intensifying silence that covered the room as soon as your secret left your mouth.

"Why didn't you tell us sooner?" Your mom says, letting go of your hand. Your heart drops as soon as her soft touch is gone. "I was scared." You mutter, grabbing Billie's hand instead. Her hand is just as comforting and more supportive than your mothers.
"A gay daughter..." your dad whispers, his hands going to his head. Your moms face scrunches up in disgust as he says that, making your heart shatter. You knew it.

"We are leaving."
"To where?"
You pause. "Away from here."
You grab Billie's hand, pulling her off the couch and opening the door. "Don't bother coming back until you get your head in the right place." Your dad says, giving you his famous stern look. You roll your eyes before he calls Billie's name.

"You did this to my daughter. You were this influence on her."  He says, pointing at Billie as she stands there innocently. They could tear down you, but never Billie. That was the last straw. "Don't talk to her like that." You say, defensively getting in front of her. "You come to me about this. Never her. What I am is who I am and no one else made this decision for me." You say, grabbing Billie's hand from behind you.

"Get our of this house." Your mom says, tears falling from her delicate eyes.  You happily leave, getting out of there. As soon as you are outside, you fall into Billie's arms as you let your guard down. Parents are supposed to support you, not kick you out for who you love. Billie rubs your back soothingly, your loud sobs leaving your mouth.

"I'm sorry, baby." Billie mutters, kissing your head. You sob louder, gripping her tighter. It was like a sharp knife stabbed your heart again and again, the pain increasing with every breath.  Billie slowly leads you into the car, buckling you up and driving off, the last time you'd see your parents house in years.  You have to remember, great events turn on small hinges. The way you felt wouldn't happen again. Not until you'd give birth to your first baby and your parents are not there. Not until they don't come to your wedding or send Christmas cards of smiling faces. You'd accept it, but that doesn't mean it didn't still hurt you. You covered a deep wound with a single bandaid and acted healed. When people would soon ask about your parents you'd shrug your shoulders and move on with your day.

That's how it was, and how it will always be.

-
I don't know??
Someone requested this I forgot ur @ I'm so sorry 🥺🥺🥺🥺
btw no I'm not dead so hold the balloons