•5•

"Follow me!" Billie says, grabbing your hand and pulling you along the trail. The sun was just about to set and the sky was painted with oranges and pinks, you were assuming as Billie made you cover your eyes and made it clear that no peaking was allowed.  All you could hear were birds chirping and the sound of water in the distance.

"Almost there." She says, slowing down. Your heart starts beating rapidly and you have no idea where she is taking you. You hear the water coming closer and the dirt trail feels more like grass now.

"Billie, are we almost there?" You ask, getting tired of walking. You feel her fingers slip your blindfold off and you open your eyes to see a cute picnic setup.

 You feel her fingers slip your blindfold off and you open your eyes to see a cute picnic setup

"Billie.. I have no words." You muster, staring at the different foods and how nicely it was set up. "When did you even do this?" You ask, looking back at her.

"I have my ways." She says, winking at you and taking your hand, leading you to the blanket to sit down.

You smile and take in the beauty. No one has ever done something like this for you before. You get all warm inside as you watched Billie eat some bread.

She then picks up a grape and feeds it to you, trying to be romantic. You giggle and eat the grape, Billie kissing your cheek. She then grabs another grape and throws it in the air, catching it in her mouth. You laugh and shake your head, not believing you loved this dork.

"You didn't have do this." You say, putting your hand on top of hers. "I wanted to." Billie responds, intertwining your hands and kissing your forehead.

You two don't say anything else as you enjoy some food and the beautiful scenery. It was almost dark now and you thought about heading back, even though you didn't want to.

"I don't wanna go." You whine, laying down and looking up at the moon. "Me either." Billie says, laying down with you. You lay your head on her chest and listen to her heart, staring up at the sky. You didn't want this moment to end.

"I love you." Billie says, kissing your head. You squeeze her and say it back, snuggling into her. She was so warm and soft, and she smelt good which was a bonus.

You take everything in as a slight breeze passes and you cuddle with Billie. You didn't want to end up falling asleep here so you decide to try to get up, only for Billie to pull you back down. "Don't go." She says, pulling you closer. You sigh and lay your head back down on her chest.

You don't even try to do that again as Billie had a tighter grip on you then before.

"Billie, we should go." You say, looking up at her.

"Alright." She says, letting you go and sitting up. You two start to pick up and head back, going along the trail with only the moonlight as a source of light.

You aren't that scared as you have Billie and you felt safe with her. You two are almost at the car and you were tired of carrying stuff already. You see the car and you almost gasp with relief.

"Let's go home," Billie says, loading the stuff in the trunk and opening the car door for you. She then shuts the door and runs to the drivers side and starts the car.

As you drive away, you watch the night sky and think about what Billie did for you. You turn to look over at her and she rests her free hand on your thigh while the other hand grips the steering wheel.

And as the night goes on, you know you'll keep this night in your memories forever.