•9•

🌈 Happy pride month🌈

"There you go." You say to Billie, pushing her chair in. You two were going out to dinner and you were planning to ask her to be your girlfriend tonight. You guys have been "seeing" each other and you finally wanted to make it official.

You had the whole night planned out, and you were excited yet nervous to see her reaction to it all. You wanted her to love it and remember it forever. You wanted it to be special.

First, you would take her to her favorite place to eat. Then, you are gonna take her to a flower shop where, in her favorite flowers, are spelled out with you asking her to be your girlfriend.

You know it was cheesy, but it came from the heart and you knew that's all that mattered to her. She was the one for you, you were sure of it. When you were apart, it's like you're missing your other half. She makes you happy, she makes you feel loved, and most importantly, she cares about you.

"Get anything you want, my love. I got the bill." You say, opening up the menu and browsing the meals.

"Are you sure? I don't want to feel bad if it's expensive." She says, looking up at you as she holds the menu.

"Don't worry about it, I got it." You reassure her, looking back down at the menu. You scan the menu and choose some fancy pasta. The waitress comes back and you two order.

"So..," Billie starts, grabbing your hands from across the table and holding them. "Why so fancy tonight?" She says, squeezing your hands. You start to think of a response, not trying to hesitate for too long without making it suspicious.

"Just wanted to do something a little special for you." You say, trying not to give off any hints of the upcoming surprise. She smiles and nods, not saying anything else. Your heart skips a beat when you think of her saying yes to your proposal of dating.

Your food arrives and you two start to eat, making small talk here and there. It wasn't awkward at all. It never is between you two, and you liked that.

You pay the bill and you two leave, getting in the car. You make your way to the flower shop and your heart starts racing. What if she said no? All of these doubts flooded your mind and now you were beyond worried. Your palms gripped the steering wheel and you couldn't dare to look at her. It was almost like you could see her apologetic face and your broken heart already.

"Babe, everything okay?" Billie asks, looking over at you. You look at her and give a reassuring smile, making sure to not show your nerves any longer.

You pull into a parking spot and the whole place lights up. Billie gasps and gets out of the car, running towards you and grabbing your hand. Her eyes lit up like a child at a carnival, and you were happy that she was happy. You smile and squeeze her hand, walking to the front door of the shop.

Once you walked in, on the floor were roses spelt out "Will you be my girlfriend?". Special color changing lights illuminated the place with a romantic glow to add to the effect.

Billie reads the roses, gasping and squeezing her hand. She doesn't move or say a word,making your heart drop. Of course she was gonna say no. This was so stupid and cliche and you have no idea why you would even do this.

Before you can think of more negative thoughts, Billie grabs your face and kisses you, whispering a small "yes".

Your heart explodes and you smile, kissing her forehead and hugging her. You never thought you could feel this way, almost like you were on top of the world. All you wanted was her, and you finally got it.

"Thank you." You say, putting a hand on her cheek and rubbing softly with your thumb. You didn't think it would go as well as it did, and you honestly couldn't complain about that. It went perfect. Actually, it went better than perfect.

You grab a rose and hand it to her, a slight blush appearing on her cheeks. This was huge, as Billie NEVER blushed before. Your heart starts racing, but this time, in a good way.

You kiss her cheek and watch her take the rose, holding it close to her. You knew she was the one for you. The final piece that completed you, as cheesy as it sounds.

That night as you lied in bed, you couldn't wipe the smile off your face. And you knew it wouldn't be gone any time soon.