Kisses

Chapter 18
Lexi P.O.V.
This was the moment that just 4 years ago I would have never though would have happen. If some one told me I would be with Mason Steele watching the sun set and the stars pop out into the night, I would have laughed in their face and walked away.

We were sitting at the beach, on top of the hood of his car. I was sitting Indian style, staring off into the sunset thinking about all types of things. Mason's head was in my lap and I was playing with is now curl dry hair.
This moment was perfect. I took the opportunity and asked the question I had been dying to ask.

"Mason. What happen to you... What happen to us.." I asked looking down at my lap, still running my fingers through his hair.
He didn't answer me at first, he just stared straight for a couple of minutes.

"To be honest Lexi, I don't think right now is the best time to.. talk about what happened. Lets just not.. think about it." I felt him tensing with each word. I knew he was hinting at May.
However, I needed to know why he left me.

"Mason pleas-"

"Lexi stop! Please let's just not talk about it!" He cuts me off and sits up looking back at me.
I'm surprised by his sudden reaction, I sigh and nod my head okay.
He sits back and instead this time resting his head on my chest.
He snuggles his head deep, I look down confused at what he's doing. He shuffles more.

"Mason if your going to lay and me stop moving!" he chuckles.

"Sorry, it's just a lot more cushion than I'm really used to." For a second I'm confused by what he's talking about, but than I realize and push him off of me.

"That's not funny jerk." I cross my arms and pout. "Oh come on Lexi! You know it was kinda funny!" he turns around and hug me. He pulls me down and now I'm the one laying on his bare chest.

The sun has finally set and now the stars are beginning to show into the night. "I have a question." I look up at Mason and frown.
"Than ask it." He doesn't look at me, he stares up into the sky.

"Mason. What are we?" My question catches him by surprise. I sit on edge wait for his reply, my heart racing.

"We're.... Just friends.." My heart drops and I look down. I know that I shouldn't have asked him but I couldn't resist my self.

I quickly wipe the tear that escape before he look up into my eyes. Before he notices my changed mood, I try to shift the conversation onto a happier note.

"So! The sun is pretty when it sets huh?"

"Oh, uhh yeah." He moves his gaze onto my face, searching for some type of emotion on my face, thank god for my magnificent poker face.

"Lexi, what are you thinking about?" His bushy eyebrows arches up.

"Uh... School.. I-I have a lot of assignments to do when I go back." I mentally groan. I do have a lot of work.

"Oh well if you would like..." He sits up and wraps is arms around my neck while getting behind me, he pulls me into his chest.

"We could study together of you'd like." He says as he whispers in my ear with his chin resting on my collar bone.

His masculine smell engulfed me.
Why is he so darn confusing? One moment he says we're just friends but the next he's hugging me!

I think about if I should say yes or no...

Just then a text message erupts my thoughts. I look down at the phone to see its from Ashton, while hiding it from Mason, I quickly check it, it reads:

Ashton: Hey, you wanna hang out later on today? Study, watch a movie or something?

I think about what to text back.

"Lexi? Hello? Earth to Lexi!" I jump out of my thoughts and look up at Mason.

"Oh, uhh.."

"So what do you say? You wanna go home and study together?"

"Um, actually I'm studying with someone else tonight... I think I'm going to be late I've got to get home." I quickly jump off him before I can be questioned.

I open the car door and climb in. Mason groans and slowly climbs off the hood and into the car.
I turn my head at he enters. He starts the car and pulls out on to the road, towards my house.

I figure him not wanting to make the situation even more awkward than it is, he turns on the radio and increases the volume.

Soon after, he pulls into my driveway, I begin to collect me things and reach for the door handle, he grabs my arm with a soft grip.

"Alexandrea." I look from his hands to his face, which is filled with undesirable emotions.

I brush the hair that had fallen into my face.
"Yes?"

He opens his mouth and closes it.

He reaches into the back and collects my jacket that I had brought with me.

"Uh, you almost for got this." As he hands me the jacket out eyes lock.

"Um, yeah I almost did... Thanks, I'll see you at school Mason. Bye." I move my hand to the door slowly, I grasp it gently, as if I am waiting for him to do something else... But sadly he doesn't.

I get out of the car with a frown on my face. As I slam the door I walk up to the house, unlocking it and stepping into the cool A/C.

When I close the door I lay my back on it and close my eyes.

Yeah, it was stupid of me to ever think he would actually try to do something crazy like, kiss me good bye. Like he kissed me today at the lake...

Stunned out of my thoughts, a loud knock on the door causes me to jump about 8 feet into the air.

I quickly look into the peep hole and see its Mason. Wow, what else have I left in the car now.

I open the door slowly.

"Yes Mas-" He pushed the door wide and takes me by my face and looks into my eyes. I'm to stunned to say anything.

"I've been wanting to do this the whole ride home." He takes me by his soft supple lips and gently massage mines.

I slowly wrap my arms around his neck and he securely wraps his around my waist.

Our kiss felt so meaningfully, this was definitely better than when we were in the water earlier.

He pulled away and look at me, smiling he let me go.

"So, I guess I'll see you at school then.. Bye Lexi."

I nodded my head, unable to speak because of his ability to make my mouth tingle.

I waited until he drove to his house and shut the door.

Now I can't stop smiling for the life of me.. Just great now my parents are going to suspect something's happening.

I get up and go upstairs to take a bath and get ready for me and Ashton to study.

This day was the best day since I've been here.

-Kookie
- 12/12/14