His Perfections

Chapter 27

Lexi P.O.V

I had only been on a plane once in my life, and for that one time when I was going to Alabama, my mom had secretly drugged me so by the time we had lifted off, I was already sleep.

I won't lie and say that I don't feel as if I'm about to shit my panties right now.

A male voice comes onto the speakers, slightly making me jump from the loud box next to me.

Mason looks at me questioningly, probably from my sudden scare. I stare straight as if I don't notice his blunt staring.

"Hello C12 passengers! We are momentarily about to lift off and go to Dallas, Texas! Then from there, we go straight to Alaska! Home of the many hot springs! Now if you have a question, please do not hesitate to ask one of our flight attendants. Thank you and have a blessed flight."

My heart starts to speed up at the mention of lift off. I nervously start to pick at my sweater, pulling out the fabric strings.

"Lexi?" I jump again at Mason's voice in my ear.

I turn and look at him, eyes wide. Why is he so close to my face?

Sensing my question he backs off a bit, but he's still in my personal bubble.

"Humm?" I mumble, not trusting myself with words.

"Are you scared? My eyes grow wide, how does he know?

"N-no! I'm not s-scared!" I whip my head and look at the window. Good, we're not moving. yet.

"Hey Lexi, Jess, Case and I were wondering if you wanted the last pill of my sleepy pills? Trust me it's only allergy pills, they put you straight to sleep." Ari says looking back at us. I shake my head yes eagerly.

Thank god! I wont have to put up with his constant staring for the flight! I eagerly grab the bottle as soon as she produces it from her bag.

"We are about to lift off, now would be the time to apply your seat belts, Thank you." The flight attendant says into the speaker box. I ignore them because I had already buckled myself in.

Tilting my head back I try to take the pill but suddenly the plane jerks and my only way out falls onto the floor rolling away into despair. The plane starts to speed up and I drop the bottle.

My heart races and I grab onto the arm rest and practically clawing it to death. Mason looks at me and creases his brow.

He looks seemingly calm, probably the exact opposite to what I'm feeling right now.

Suddenly, I feel a pair of hands wrap around own. I look up and see Mason staring ahead, relaxed.

I take my chance and snuggle my head into his shoulder, trying to gain some type of comfort. He takes his other arm and wraps it around me, holding me securely. I relax at his calm heart beat and try to match his with my own. Before I know it, I drift off.

***
I wake up from a light flashing into my face.

What the hell?

I open one of my eyes and look around, then the other.

I look up and see Ari and Jess laughing, once they see my wondering eyes, their eyes grow wide and quickly swoops down into their seat.

I feel something snuggle into me deeper, and then I remember that Mason was holding me. I turn my head and sigh. His long eyelashes twitching ever so slightly.