Why did you leave

Chapter 16

Lexi P.O.V.

It took almost all of me to not stand up and slap him in the face and run. Run where you ask? Anywhere, because anywhere is better than here.

I look down at his hand holding mine, I try my hardest to suck up the tears and swallow the enormous frog in my throat while finally managing enough courage to look him in the eyes.

"Sure."

Mason's eyes almost pop right out of their sockets. I guess he's surprised by what I said and to be honest, I am to.

I don't want him to know that what he's doing is hurting me deeply, so the easiest thing to do right now is just go with the flow.

"Wow. This is great! I thought you would get mad and say no. I guess you did change Snow." I blush and look down to my hands still in his.

I begin to gentility tug for my hands to come lose but oddly enough, he tightens his grip.

I look up questionably. His whole face is venerable, I can see all of his emotions, just like when we were young.

"So, Lexi." His fingers begin to circle my thumb. I don't trust my self with words so I nod my head. This moment is very... serious.

"Why... why did you leave?" Masons voice is low and questioning. His question takes me by surprise.

I look out the window instead of staring at his eyes, knowing that I could burst into tears from the raw emotions that were happening inside of me.

"I needed to leave because.. I couldn't handle it anymore. I couldn't handle the pressure of the people at school. The pressure of no one wanting to be my friend, having no one to turn to. Sure it was just school and just a couple of bullies but it's different when you don't have anyone on your side. The only person that was on my side had left me, and I was all alone. I had a choice, so I left." I look back to Mason to see him looking at our holding hands.

"Wow. I didn't know."

"Well now you do." I forcefully tug my hands out of Masons grip and sit back in the seat with my arms crossed.

"So Steele, what have you been up to since I've been gone?"

Mason suddenly tenses up, almost afraid to answer my question.

He picks at his finger but doesn't look me in the eyes.

"Nothing. Just been living out my days. Growing up I guess." I could tell he was lying about something, however I didn't press on the subject.

"Well why don't I go drop Toby off to the house and we go somewhere?"

"Toby's here?" I asked

"Yeah, he's on the other side, it looks like their wrapping up with their party though."

I look down at my pale hands and ponder. Where is he going to take me? There isn't much in a small town like Arcadia. Just large farming lots, vacant fields with cows and horses and even large forests. Not many places you could really go to be honest.

"I don't know, there isn't many places to go besides the mall or the movies, so where are you talking me?" I look up into his grey shinning eyes.

"Don't worry about it. But we should go to your house because your going to need a bathing suit." My eyebrows pressed together.

"Don't waste your time asking either cause I'm not spilling." he smirks as he stands up out of the booth, and walks to the other side of the parlor. I ask the waitress if I could get my ice cream to go since I wasn't able to eat it, she politely shakes her head yes and goes into the back to retrieve it for me.

"All ready buddy?" I ask Toby, who looks worn out just as him and Mason approaches me.

He simply nods his head, obviously to tired to talk.

We walk back to the car in silence, Mason and I lightly bumping shoulders. I turn and climb in the car, this time opening my own door. Toby climbs in the back and lays down.

Before I know it, were already at my house, for me to grab some clothes, we already dropped Toby off home so he could work down his Sugar hangover.

"I'll be right back." I say as I get out of the car, run to my front door and up the stairs.

I quickly find me a neon blue and yellow bikini with some shorts and a shirt to change in. I take off my make up since I know I'll be getting wet and pull my hair into a sloppy bun while slapping some Ray Bans on my face. I also put on some sun screen, the sun is a bitch out side, I'd rather not have a sunburn.

Finishing up, I slip on my black flip flops and apply some chap stick. I smile in the mirror happy with my self and walk down stairs into the kitchen to see my dad sitting at the table.

"Hey pumpkin, your back already just to leave again?" He looks up from his newspaper.

"Yeah, Masons taking me out somewhere with water, I love you I'll let you know when I'll be back home. Tell mom I said I love her to!" I say walking out the door with an apple in hand.

"Alright honey be safe I love you"

I walk out the back door and onto the drive way where Mason is still waiting in his car. I see him in full swing, drumming his fingers on the steering wheel and banging his head back and forth, his long luscious hair following him. I smile and giggle a little as I see his eyes suddenly meet mines and he goes still.

His cheeks turn a faint color of red. He's really cute when he gets embarrassed.

He unlocked the doors for me and I climbed in giggling.

"Well Mr. Badboy aren't you a sight for sore eyes."

"Ha ha very funny, lets just go." I notice that he didn't have a shirt on and he was in his basket ball shorts, he must have went home and quickly changed. I saw his many tattoos that was on his chest and arm. Even a tattoo that looks fairly fresh like it had just been done. With my free hand that wasn't holding to bite my apple, I traced the patterns on his sleeve tattoo. Is it bad to say him being shirtless right now is really turning me on?

I can't stop looking at him. Ever since I've been gone it seems like Mason has gain more muscle, he's lean, he has a sexy six pack. Might I even add a happy trail.

"So Lexi are you don't checking me out or do you need more time?" I blush and look away. I still continue my tracing of his tattoo. I smirk when I notice goosebumps eroding his arm, it seems like he's not the only one who can affect people.

After about 7 minutes we turn into a parking lot that says "Welcome to Peace River".

I turn my eyes to Mason. "Really? A river? How is that fun?" I cross my arms and look at Mason questing.

"Oh you'll see, now come on." He quickly gets out of the car and opens the trunk, grabbing out a packed book bag, it probably has food and water with other needed supplies.

"Whatever." I roll my eyes and jump out the car, walking right besides him.

How fun can just a stupid river be?

------

Hey! Thanks for reading! I just want to say I'm so happy to be gaining a lot of newcomers! to be honest it's pretty awesome! Anyway have a good day! The next update should be soon!

Ps. I made this chapter extra long because lately I've been slacking! I'm so very sorry!!

QOTD: What are you going to be or were you for Halloween?

AOTD: I'm going to be a Stylish Thug. x)

10/26/14