Broken

Chapter 15

Lexi P.O.V

While pouting, I cross my arms and turn to glare at Mason. He taps his thumbs on the steering wheel, pretending that he doesn't see me.

I turn my head to the window and loudly Sigh. I look out the corner of my eye to see if Mason has a reaction.

Noticing nothing, I continue on with my plan.

I loudly sigh again and suck my teeth. I look at him again, when I see that he doesn't look my way, I hastily turn my body and glare at Mason, but this time I reach out and play with his hair, I yank it one time.

Masons eyes go wide and turns his head and looks at me questioning.

"What on earth. Are you up to , Snow?"

I continue playing with his soft hair, when I don't respond he shrugs his shoulders and looks away. As soon as he looks away, I tug on his hair again, but harder this time.

"Ouch! Lexi what do you want?!"

I massage my hands into his soft hair.

"Good, now that I've got your attention and you not calling me by my last name, I want you to tell me where the hell we're going."

I see one of masons hands leave the steering will and grabs my thigh. I tug on his hair a lot harder.

"Ouch! okay okay sorry I was just trying to calm you down! Were going to a birthday party for one of Toby's friends at the ice cream parlor, my mom said that she wanted me there to watch him, and I didn't want to be alone." I heard him whisper something else underneath his breath but I didn't question it .

"Okay. Well, I promise not to tug on any more of your hair, if you buy me a Double chocolate fudge strawberry banana Sunday." I smile at the thought of having that sweetness in my mouth.

"Okay but only if you let me share with you." I glare at Mason again.

"Hey! Those things are 45 bucks! plus their huge so it's not like you'll be able to finish it by your self!" He looks at me ridiculously.

"Okay fine. Deal." I take my hand out of his soft hair and slump to my seat.

The drive to the ice cream parlor is only 25 minutes but it feels like I've been in the car with him for hours.

My thought revert back to earlier when Mason had asked me to be his girlfriend. What had he meant by that? Why me? Why now? A bunch of more questions had popped in to my mind on this issue.

Mason suddenly gets out of the car and I jump. I look around and realize that we're in the parking lot of the Ice cream parlor. Before I can .open my own door, Mason has already opened it for me. What's he's up to?

"Uh, thanks" I say awkwardly.

He nods his head and we walk side by side to the parlor doors. He opens the doors for me again. This is.... weird.

When we walk in, I see one part of the parlor decorated in a dinosaur theme for I presume the birthday boy and the other half normally for the other costumers.

"Why how can I help you to?" A short blonde lady asks us while coming out from the back.

"Oh uh Hello, yes me and my Uh, girlfriend, would love the uhh..Double chocolate fudge strawberry banana Sunday." I stare wide eyes at him when he says 'girlfriend'.

"OHH! How sweet! Oh aren't you two the cutest couple on earth! Oh let me give you the sweet couples discount." I blush and turn away. When I turn back, see her push a couple of more bottoms. She moves the ringer around and we look at the price, it's $25. Wow, I should come here more often with a 'boyfriend'.

"Oh well, if you insist, thank you." Mason smugly grabs his wallet and pulls out a twenty dollar bill with a five folded inside.

Oh what a slick nugget! He totally knew that he was going to get the discount!

When the lady is finished with handing back Mason and his recite, she leads us to a empty curved booth on the normal side of the parlor.

"So, you think your slick huh? How in tarnations did you know about that discount?!" I pout while climbing into the curved booth before Mason.

"Well, I Uh brought Sally here one time on her birthday." Mason says with a serious face.

For some reason just the thought, of her name and her imaged that's burned into my mind makes me rage. I try to quickly brush it off before Mason notices.

"Oh." I answer, I have no intentions on trying to make this conversation awkward than it really is.

"So uh, I might as well get to the point of why I really brought you here with me."

Mason stares out the window, his face drained of any emotion, yet his eyes are burning with emotion.

My heart starts to race. I begin to come up with many assumptions of why he asked me to be his girl friend when he could just use that bitch Sally.

Mason suddenly clears his throat, I jump out of my thoughts.

"So uh, I was wondering if you would be my girl," My heart starts to race. I can't believe this is seriously happening, but I can't help but wonder why, and also wonder why I want to say yes? I'm suppose to hate him!

"But only for the 2 weeks were up there in Alaska, I mean if you guys come, I'm really hoping you do because my cousins have this friend that always tries to get into my pants, so I'm asking you because I know that your good at pretending, right?" He grabs my hand and looks at me with pleading eyes.

My fragile heart has just been broken into little tiny pieces.

He only wants me, just to use me.

Not for the real me.

----

So sorry for the long wait! But yah the next update should be updated this week!

Thanks for reading!

-Kookie

10/12/14