Chapter 23

Onika's POV.
1st December, 2019
New York.

"What do you mean by your pregnant?" I asked hoping I heard wrong.

"I mean that I'm 6 weeks pregnant, with your child" I groaned trying my best not to cry.

I knew it was possible because I didn't wrap up but why me?

"Are you sure? Because those sticks be telling y'all lies" I explained

She sighed "I went to the doctor's yesterday. The past couple of weeks I was throwing up and getting migraines so I decided I should should get check it out and turns out I'm 4 weeks along" She whispered.

I looked at the ground not knowing what to say or do.

"Are you keeping it?" I asked and her eyes opened wide.

"Of course I'm keeping it!" She shouted, I nodded.

It wasn't my choice to tell a woman whether or not she should carry a child . It was their body. Even though I was a woman myself I would never get to experience the pain they have to go through for 9 months straight.

"I saw Beyoncé performance, congrats" She gave me a small smile, I can tell it wasn't genuine.

"Thank you" I mumbled looking back down on the ground.

"Onika" Rihanna placed her hand on my shoulder making me look up into her beautiful eyes.

"Well I hope he or she gets your eyes" I chuckled trying to make light of the situation.

She laughed "And I hope she gets your dimples" I smirked flexing my dimples.

"I hope so too" My cockiness was out, Rihanna rolled eyes playfully.

"So where do we go from here?" She asked the question that I didn't have the answer to.

I let out a breath thinking how will I tell Bey, we were getting along so good.

"I'm in a relationship Rihanna, we can co parent" I reasoned out.

I was never one to abandon a child, my father left me and my family when I was young, I would never want that for my son or daughter, it scar you mentally.

"I understand" She said, I smiled thanking her for being reasonable.

"I will need to take a DNA test though, don't feel bad it's just that in the past I've been lied to" I explained not wanting her to feel bad about me asking for a DNA test.

"It's okay whenever you want to take it just let me know" She said.

I nodded my head feeling my phone vibrate in my pocket, I pulled it out seeing Beyoncé texted me.

BeyB💕💍: Where are you?

Me: At the company, where are you?

BeyB💕💍: Home. Come over when your finished please? 🥺

Me: Lol ok princess 😘

I put my back into my pocket and looked at Rihanna that had a pout on her face.

"What you over there looking sad about?" I asked going over to my desk to collect my belongings.

"I just hope this doesn't affect you and Beyoncé's relationship, y'all looked good on the stage" I froze, I don't need Bey finding out about this anytime soon.