Chapter 17

Onika's POV.
5th September, 2019.
New York.

After landing in New York it was back to business as usual.

"Wassup" I said dapping everybody up in the studio.

"Yo Nic!" Drake shouted walking towards me with a wide grin. The fuck this nigga want?

"What do you need?" I asked sitting down on the black leather couch and he sat besides me.

"I didn't know you and Beyoncé was a thing" He said showing me pictures on his phone. I groaned seeing the pictures from yesterday of me and Bey out in public.

"You celebrated her birthday with her?" He asked and I just watched him not saying a word.

"Mind your fucking business man" I said and he held his hands up moving to the next couch.

"Ay. Wayne let me holler at you to the back" I said getting up from the couch heading to the back room.

"Sure cuz" He said following me. "Wassup" He asked as we reached the back room.

"I've been thinking.." I trailed off and he had a look of horror in his eyes. "Don't shoot me" He said holding his hands up. I burst out laughing at his dumbass.

"Man put your dumbass hands down ain't nobody trying to shoot you" I said shaking my head.

"Good" He said letting out a breath. "But What was you thinking about?" He asked me.

"I want to do more than this rap shit" I said honestly.

I've been thinking a lot lately and I need to do more than this. I know I'm signed to Wayne and everything but if I'm being honest here I'm only seeing half of the money, artists always gets paid last and that's not sliding with me.

"What you mean fam?" He asked. I didn't want him to think that I was ungrateful for the opportunity he gave me.

"I want to dabble my hand into some businesses" I said and he looked surprised.

"I didn't see you as much of a business person" He said and I agreed with him.

"Me too but whatever it takes to make sure my family is secured man" I said. I'm 18 and it feels good providing for my family, Before this rap shit I was selling drugs and that brought home money but in an illegal way.

But before I was a dealer I watched my mother work a  9-5 job and that shit wasn't paying the bills.

My children will not have the same life I had growing up. I refuse to let that happen.

"I understand. Well what type of business did you have in mind?" Wayne asked me.

"I want my own record label company." I said not cutting around the bush.

"Nicki you do understand that having your own record label makes you very independent right? It takes patience. It took me 4 years to get young money up and running" He said and I nodded my head.

I wasn't him.

"Look Wayne I understand but I'm not you.  What you lacked in I might have. That's how life goes man" I said and he scratched his chin thinking.