"Thank y'all for being here, man. It means a lot to me, I don't know how I'm gon' choose my best man," he said honestly. Vinny and X scrunched their faces up, looking each other up and down.

"I'll beat both they ass for it," X shrugged, causing Gionni to erupt in laughter.

"You ain't beating my ass," Caine scoffed.

"Says who?! I don't give a damn about nobody NBA I'll beat yo' overgrown ass first," he quickly replied, as Gionni's sides began to ache from laughing too hard.

"All that and he just gon' pick me, anyway. You hate to see it," Vinny shook his head while they bickered back and forth.

"Bitch, I'm Nayeli's God dad, he's gonna pick me," Xavier said, bucking at Vinny.

Their chatter ceased when Mr. Morrison emerged from the back, holding a box in one hand and the ring in the other. All four men immediately rushed up to the front, excitedly. Gionni's face curled up into a genuine smile when Mr. Morrison showed the ring off.

Caine let out whistle upon seeing it

Caine let out whistle upon seeing it. The diamonds glistened in the light of the room, shining extravagantly. "God damn," he muttered. "I forget this nigga rich," Caine snickered.

"Okay NBA player," Gionni remarked back, still mesmerized by the ring. It was exactly as he envisioned it, if not better. Instead of picking something Mr. Morrison already had at the shop, he took the time to get something customized for her. He knew Nadira wasn't the flashy type, so he didn't want to go too big or too extravagant, it was perfect for her. It was expensive, of course, but she was worth it.

"It's beautiful, Mr. Morrison, thank you so much, I know she's gonna love it," Gionni spoke appreciatively to him. While he was looking at the ring, everything became more real to him. He was really about to propose to the love of his life.

"Of course, my boy. Only the best for you and your family. I made the matching band as well, it's here in the box. Don't worry about that, it's on the house," the older man smiled.

"No, Mr. Morrison I can't take that I—"

"You can and you will. I've been doing this for your family for years now. Your grand dad was the first man to ever trust me enough to make a ring for his wife, and now look at you! You're his last grandson, it's only right," he spoke fondly, making Gionni smile, but his heart ache slightly at the mention of his grandfather.