Chapter 56

As evening approached Daniel went through the desk and found paper and a quill pen for Salem and waited for him to write the message out. Then he had Sage summon the gargoyle. It had taken about fifteen minutes before the gargoyle appeared on the window-sill.

"You needed me, warlock?" He asked.

"No, I do." Salem responded.

"I need my father. The message is important. It has ingredients we need for a spell to save Ralvania," He instructed.

"Got it sir. I'll be quick, I swear it." Ludwig said to them.

"You're a fine soul and a good creature." Salem told him.

"I appreciate that sir." He bowed to them then taking the message he flew off and upward, out of sight within minutes. 

"Do you think Magellan can help her?" Daniel inquired.

"Yes, I do." 

"Want coffee while we wait for him?" The warlock offered.

"Yes, that would be.... pleasant." He responded.

Daniel rang for Sage who'd been close by; pacing through the castle with worry for the mistress.

The hob-goblin stepped into the office, "Yes, sir?" 

"Could you bring a pot of brew for us?' 

"Of course sire, anything you wish." He turned to go get it for them.

"Daniel we need a discussion." Salem told him in a creepy tone.

"Oh, sure what's the matter?" 

"I want you to know something," Salem said to him.

"Uh, okay." Daniel said, wondering where this was going.

"We appriciate what you did to help Lylithe." He said, then after a long pause, added; "Did Soranto tell you of the dragon's oath?" 

"Yes, he did." 

"Before or after you healed his only child?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"After." Daniel replied.

"So you healed her not knowing of the dragon's infinate bond?" He said.

"Yes, that's right." 

"You are a good guy. I'm glad she'll be with you, sooner or later." 

"Me too. I have always admired dragons, since childhood." He responded.

"I'm glad to know she'll be with one who'll be good to her." 

"I think she'll like my home. Is there anything I should know?" Daniel asked him.

"Dragons, especially female ones are sensitive and prideful. They are easily offended." He explained.

"Thanks. I don't think I want to piss off a fire breathing dragon." 

Salem chuckled a few seconds. "The worst she'll do is ignore you for a few days. She wobn't eat you." Salem told him as Sage dropped off the brew and two dark green mugs.

"I checked in with the empress. She asked what spell we're using, I told her I didn't know." He mentioned.

"It's a highly potent, dangerous spell I can't do alone." Salem told him.

"What's it called?' He inquired, pouring a cup.

"It's a potent one that can cure everything. An immortality potion with a spell." Salem told him, taking a careful sip of the hot brew.