Chapter 11

As the evening progressed, Ralvania helped set up the wooden oak tables , snack and drink tables long before the nocturnal hour of Zeta's wake.  It was still a shock that a healthy and young sister of magic would have her heart just stop. What could have caused it?After a moment of reflection, thought it best to push the thoughts away. She tried not to ask too many questions. It was hard to see him cry like this, seeing him so vulnerable; a victim of his own misery.

     I was awful to see such a happy and good person suffer so badly. Wanting to just take the pain away for him. She knew he needed to grieve over the loss of his mate. Her job here was to offer kindness or help he my need to get though it.  Giving him a sympathetic look.

'I know it has to be and endless pit of pain for you now but remember, you are not alone. 

"Thank you, i helps," He said with a trembling voice, looking at her with tear stained eyes of hopelessness.

She nodded to him. "How long before the wake?" 

Daniel glanced through the window just above the coffin holding Zeta's physical body; checking the position of the glowing moons. 

"Abut an hour. Would you like coffee before everyone gets here?" 

"Yes, that would be wonderful," She replied. 

Just a minute," he stood up."I'll get us a both a pot," he said heading out of the library.

Ralvania walked to the open casket displaying her dead friend.  

"Of everyone I know I can't believe you're gone. I'll never forget you." She whispered before going back across the room to sit down. 

Five minutes later he returned with a large pot and two white ceramic mugs. 

"Appiciate it." She said. 

He filled bth mugs and handed the first one to her. 

"I needed your company now," He said taking a sip. 

"Understandable, really." She took a sip and he cried a little more. "Just let it out." 

"I want to tell you something but please don't hate me." He sobbed.

"I never could hate you- What's going on with you?" 

"It's my fault Zeta's dead." He sputtered the words out.